Chapter four

Chapter four:

A week later passed and the guys and I became pretty closer. They told me more about their band Panic At The Disco, and that their other band mates are in vacation so that I couldn’t see them practice live for awhile. But I heard Ryan and Brendon sing and play instruments. Man! Brendon knows how to play A LOT of instruments! We all began to hang out every day. Whether it was at Brendon’s , Ryan’s, or I’s home, or just around the neighborhood. We were having fun. We shared stupid secret that we never told anyone else! I found out that about the “medicine” that Ryan was talking about was that, Brendon had ADHD and he had to take medicine every day to calm himself. But Ryan still didn’t tell me at all about his dad.

I kept annoying Brendon about it. But he still had his excuse, “He’ll tell you when he’s ready!” and crap. But Brendon also told me, “I’ll tell Ryan to talk to you about it! He’ll give in sometime!” he told me a few days ago.

“But why doesn’t he want to tell me??” I asked. I was getting pretty annoyed. Ryan, one of my two friends. Wouldn’t tell me something I deeply desired. But I understand that he need time to think of how he’s going to say it! But don’t you think a week long enough?

“Well.. Its hard to explain.. Ryan doesn’t really.. well.. I don’t know how to explain it. I guess it’s the part on how Ryan doesn’t want you to treat him differently. And that, this isn’t an easy subject to talk about. It’s not like asking a favorite color. It’s more complex than that. He has to find a way to ease into the conversation and tell you in a way that you would really understand. But when he does tell you!! Don’t go in tears! You’ll make Ryan feel even more like crap!” Brendon told me. That was exactly what he told me just a few days ago. It left me stuck. It wasn’t that I wouldn’t feel any different of Ryan because of his father. Maybe it was more complex than that. There was probably something going on with him and his dad that was way to difficult to talk about within a weeks friendship.

But here we are now. Sitting in Ryan’s living room watching ‘That Regular Show.’ We all laughed as the stupid stuff happened. But it was just to darn funny. I was sitting in the middle of Ryan and Brendon. That was when we heard the door open.

“Shit..” Ryan said under his breath. I looked at him confused.

“Who is that?” I asked.

A man with a blond petite women began to walk passed the living room, “Ryan don’t bother us!” he called out. He looked our way and stopped. He began to come closer to us. He must have been Ryan’s father. He looked a lot like him. “Well Ryan you didn’t tell me you had a girlfriend!” He called out. I could smell the strong alcohol coming from his breath.

“Dad.. She’s-” Ryan began.

“Well don’t be rude!! Put your arm around her!!” He yelled out. He was smiling at his son. Like he was proud or something.

“She’s n-” Ryan began again.

“GOD DAMN IT! SON DO IT!” The man yelled. He made me flinch. Ryan couldn’t handle it. So he quickly swung his arm around me. “Good. Good! Now son get closer!! You both are like a mile away from each other!” He said. I heard Ryan sigh. I wasn’t exactly sure what was going on. But I helped Ryan. I got closer and so did he. We weren’t even that far apart. “Ok perfect!!! Now kiss her,” Man his dad was asking for way to much!

“Dad she’s NOT-” Ryan snapped at his father. But his father seemed to be getting mad.

“BE A FUCKING MAN! FOR ONCE!!” he yelled out.

“I AM a man!!” Ryan yelled back. He was grinding his teeth.

“WRITING LOVE SONGS IN YOUR ROOM IS NOT BEING A MAN!” his father snapped his attention back to me, “I bet his latest song is about you! Brown hair and green eyes!”