Chapter 11

I stood in the middle of James and Spencer. Brendon and Ryan were choosing players. I'm terrible at basketball. So who ever's team I'm in, I won't be any help.

"Hmm! I'll pick!" Brendon thought a moment. Moving his fingers over his chin, beliving he had chin hair. Which he did not! "Spencer!" Brendon announced. Spencer cheered and gave Brendon a high five and stood next to him.

Ryan sighed. "You took the tallest guy. But I guess I'll go with Jon." Ryan said. James and I were the last ones left. And I knew exactly what was bound to happen.

"James," Brendon said with no hesitation. Brendon began to walk away to the hoop, with his team quick to follow.

"I guess your on my team," Ryan shrugged. He then turned around and followed Brendon to the hoop.

Jon began to follow until I stopped him. "Jon I'm terrible at this game," I mumbled. I couldn't even get the ball! No one would ever throw it to me...

He smirked. "You can be our bait!" he joked. I rolled my eyes. "Hey! Well lets go with everyone. I think they are shooting practice shots. I nodded and began to follow him. He was right. Everyone was in a line and threw the ball to the hoop. "So your going to our school right?" he asked as I stood behind him.

I nodded, "I believe so!" I smiled. If I didn't go to their school. I was going to find a way to go.

"Cool! You'll like it there! It's really nice," he replied. I smiled in return. Jon nodded his head. "So I heard that you and Ryan are dating?"

I raised my eyebrow. It seemed as if everyone knew! But who kept telling them?!  "Um yeah? I guess," I replied. Slightly laughing so the conversation wouldn't be awkward.

He smiled in return. Jon turned around. James hand him the ball. Oh shiz., I'm up next. Butterflies hit my stomach. Jon made it in. He winked, passed me the ball, and said, "Good luck."

I stood there. Basketball in my hand. I didn't even think. I wanted it to be over! I threw the ball. It hit the rim and aimed for my head. Before I knew it, the ball hit my temple. I back up. I couldn't hear anything for a few seconds. Everything began to black out. Once I came back, I heard all the guys laughing. I had the sudden ergue to cry. I glanced at the guys for a second, then grabbed the ball from the floor.

"Are you ok?" Ryan asked between all his laughing. I grimaced and ignored his question.

I dribbled the ball. Chose my aim, and shot the ball. It went around the rim several times. Round, and around. It finally leaned over to the side, and tipped into the side. Making it in. I grinned. The laughing stop. I grabbed the ball from the floor, and threw it to Brendon. He stood there, staring at me, startled. I walked to the back trying my best to ignore Ryan's glare.

"Nice shot," Jon said as I reached him.

I scoffed, "Ya wasn't it? Especially when the ball hit my head, huh?" I said sarcastically.

Jon raised his eyebrow, "It wasn't funny?" he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Then why were you laughing?
"I wasn't laughing?"

As I was going to reply, a flashback rolled through my mind. I saw all the guys laughing, excluding Jon. "Oh shit. Jon your-"
He held his hand up for me to stop. "Yeah. It's not a problem. But you see, if it was Brendon! It would have been funny as hell!" Jon blurted out laughing.

"Hey!" someone shouted from behind me. I turned around to find Brendon. As I heard Jon's laugh in the background, and Brendon's face reaction, I couldn't help but giggle. "That's not funny!"

"Ok! Now has everyone gone?" Spencer asked as he held the basketball in his hands. Everyone agreed with a 'Yeah' and then Spencer continued, "Ok! Now we're going to play! Everyone get in your teams!" Spencer told us as he stood next to Brendon. James quickly followed.