Chapter seventeen;

*Nicoles POV*

 I laid on my bed as I stared at my fan swishing around and around. The breeze attacked me several times, so I hid behind my covers. I need some friends, I told myself over and over. Maybe I can try to start over with Emmas friends. yet, they're so lame! I should probably just wait for school to start. It's only about a month away. I soon widened my eyes and jumped out of my bed. I have to get out of here!

And with that I headed to my closet. I grabbed a pair of light tones, sky blue, skinny jeans. I stared at the long aisle of clothing. I have nothing to wear... I stared at my neatly organized, hang clothes. White, to black.

"MOM!" I called out, rummaging through my clothing. "MOM!" I called again. Hmm, maybe this could look good? Oh, no, I mean look at these. No, nevermind they don't even look good with theses jeans. "MOM?!" I cried out. As I silently heard for a reply, I groaned and stomped out of my room. I stood at the stair case and called out again. "MOM! Can you answer me?!"

"Can you stop yelling?"

I jumped and looked behind me. There I saw Emma standing there and rubbing her hands with a towel.

"I thought you went to the movies?" I asked.

"I did. Three hours ago."

I nodded and switched my position. I ran down the stair case and ran to the kitchen. "Mom!" I called once again.

"What Nicole? I heard you the first time! You don't have to scream my name over and over again!"  she told me.

I gave out a long sigh. "Can we go to the mall? I need some clothes," I asked her.

She gave a quick sigh, biting her lip, and set her right hand on the kitchen counter. Then right on her waist. "I need to do finish packing some stuff. Maybe when I'm done," she replied. She soon left into the living room.

"How long could that be?" I cried out.

"I don't know Nicole!" she called out.

I rolled my eyes and jogged back up to my room.

"Hey! Nicole?" Emma's voice appeared. I saw her back against the closed bathroom door. I looked at her as a reply. "Um, Fall Out Boys here," she muttered.

I furrowed my eye brows and cocked my head to the side. "Really? Where?" I asked.

She bit her lip and widened her eyes alittle. "Erm... I'm not sure actually. Last I saw them... They were with Ryan," she replied. Giving me a small smile of apology.

I gave a nod. "We should be able to hang out with them. Right?"

She intently began nodding. "Yeah. Exactly! I hope they have a nice concert. I mean honestly... It's been months since the last one!" she chuckled.

 I smiled at her. "Yeah, but um,-" I looked down and pointed my thumb to the door. "-I'm going to go get some sleep actually! So I'll talk to you later," I told her. I walked down the hall to my room and laid on my bed.

I gave out a long sigh and covered myself with the sheets. Then, before I knew it. My eyes began to flicker open. and close... Open..... and closed...

***

I felt my legs become invincible. I was running along all my friends. Dean, Megan, Rebbecca, that Logan boy. The strawberry plains had only been several meters away. Dean moved his fingers up and down my hand. Then slowly touching my palm and connected our hands together.

"I love you," he told me. I only smiled and turned away. I never knew what to say. He and I were never serious, only good friends. I didn't lead him on, but, he seemed all over the place.