Chapter Two

Chapter two:

They next day turned out to be pretty boring. I still didn’t get enough sleep, and it was way to hot to go out side and ride my bike. So I deiced to stay inside and just go on Xbox Live and watch some Netflix. After about a good season of Initial D, I went to my room and played guitar.

“Why can’t I finish this song!!” I yelled out in frustration. I covered my hands over my face and took a deep breath. It’s been two days and I still haven’t gotten past the third verse. I should have been past this part of all the things! I should already be done with it!! I breathed, grabbed my ipod nano, put some calm indie rock, laid down on the floor, closed my eyes, and thought of nothing, just the lyrics going through my mind. Bringing me calmness.

Nothing else mattered. Just the song, just the moment. That was until someone opened my door, “Get out!!” I told who enter my room.

“Mom and dad wants to talk to us! They’ve called you over like a hundred times!!” I took my ear buds out, got up, and followed James, my fourteen year old brother, to the dinning room. To where everyone was sat in place, everyone but me. Pops and mom were home pretty early, they shouldn’t be here till like six or seven. I took out my phone, six thirty, wow time does go by fast.

“Thanks for joining us Emma. Either way, your mother and I have very important new to discuss with you!” Pops said in a happy mood. We all replied in silence, waiting for him to continue on his ‘important’ stuff. “Well just recently I have gotten a promotion.” -James began to grin, usually meaning ‘new clothes, new skate board’- “My raise has risen very much, I have accepted it already. So there is no changing your mothers and mines mind,” Dad was going to continue until Nicole interrupted.

“Daddy!! You always get these promotions! Why are we suddenly having to have a family meeting for it?” she asked. She was as confused as all three of us were.

Dad sighed, “Well.. The thing that came with the promotion.. was that we have to move. Now don’t start arguing and complaining!! We are NOT moving around the country! Or across the United States! We are moving some where close. A place where during the summer we can visit!” he suddenly stopped as he saw Nicole crying and James speechless. But he look puzzled when he saw my face. I had a grin, my face light up as he said it. I was excited. Living in Los Angeles I always hated. The snotty people who would only judge you about all the money you had. Or the rude, Logan, people who would try to be funny with a stupid prank.

Moving to this new place was going to give me another chance!! Another chance to start over and finally make friends! To really have someone to count on. To live my life, and have fun again.

“Why can’t you both be happy like your sister??” Mom said as she showed me as a good example. James and Nicole shot death glares to me.

“What’s up with you?” James asked , furious.

“Nothing, I’m just happy about this!!” I replied to him, I then look straight back at my parents who were still astonished with my reaction. “Do you know where we are moving to? And are there kids my age??” I asked him. This was going to be the life.

Pops nodded, “Yes. The house is located in Las Vegas. We have already bought that house and we are planning on selling this one,” he said.

Mom began to take over, “Yeah! And there are a lot of children your age!! The house is so beautiful as well! It’s a little smaller-” dad cut her off.

“Bigger, a little bigger,” he corrected her. We all looked at him, flabbergasted.

“Are you serious??” We asked in unison. Dad nodded his head with a small smirk on his face. Nicole was jumping up and down all excited.