Chapter 10:

So after Nicole’s summery on what happened to her. She told me THREE other times!! She claimed that I wasn’t listening. But the truth was! She just wanted to gloat on what happened! But around the third time, I stopped listening. Well tried to. Nicole talked read loud.

But the thing that what was on my mind was what I had to do. Did I have to text Ryan first? Or did I wait till Ryan texted me? But what if Ryan was waiting for me to text him? My mind began to panic at the thought of it.

“Emma?!? Are you listening??” Nicole asked. I looked up to find Nicole’s face real serious. Damn it, I must have went to far into space for her to notice. Before I could even reply, she said, “Well I’ll have to say it all over again!” I could tell she was trying to hide a smile.

My eyes widened and I looked terrified, “No!! I don’t want to hear it again!!! I’ve heard it like five times already!” I told her as I put my hands up innocently.

“You don’t even know what happened!!” she exclaimed.

I scoffed. “I do to! You were walking with him and he put his arm around you! And then you blush and crap! Then you got home and you thought he was going to kiss you when he leaned over. But instead he just whispered something. And he began to walk away and you were all disappointed. Then he came back saying, ‘Oh I forgot something!’ and then he kissed you! Blah, blah, blah!!” I replied in one whole breath. I took a breath of relief.

She sighed and look down, “Fine!” and then she rolled her eyes.

“What??” I asked.

“You don’t care!” she replied. She took a long silence and crossed her arms.

I sighed and thought a moment, “I do care. I just think that it’s annoying on how you have to tell me fifty times,” I replied. What if I could never see Ryan ever again? Or if his father beat him and he got a swollen lip and couldn’t kiss me anymore? Emma! Stop thinking like that!

“You don’t see like you care..” she whispered.

It was true. I hide so much. “But I do, I promise,” I whispered. If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t listen at all. But having I do. I did listen. Having I get to have conversations with my older sister is great. We don’t usually have them anymore.

She then began to slowly nod, “Ok! So enough about me and Spencer! How were you and Ryan?” she tried too be sympathetic.

I smiled at the thought off Ryan. “Good,” I replied. Like I said before, I don’t spill everything. I keep to myself. Why do you ask? Because I’ve been there. Done that. And the thing is, no one really gives a damn. Sometimes I’d like to go and to a place where everyone felt the same. Hmm, that would be a great song. I want to go where everyone feels the same. Hmm, I got to keep that in mind.

“Spill!” she yelled out as she punch me in the arm.

I grimaced and began to rub my hurt arm. “We just cleaned up. Walked home. And he would have kissed me. But you being the stalker you are. Was waiting for me and dragged me inside,” I said. The only good thing was that it was Nicole who dragged me inside, other than mom. Man that would have been embarrassing!

“You should have told me he was going to kiss you!! I wouldn’t have took you inside!” she replied. It wouldn’t have matter whether she knew or not. She still would have done it, that’s just how she is.

“Whatever Nicole,” I yawned. It was getting late and I was tired. I got up and headed to the door, “I’m going to sleep, good night,” I called out as I closed her door. But just as I exit her room. James stops me.