Chapter Six:

Chapter Six:

Ryan got off of me and sat up, “D-dating? What? I- I didn’t say that!” Ryan said as he lost eye contact and began to scrimmage to his book.

I grabbed the book out of his hands, “Ryan do you want to.. go out with me?” I asked with confusion in my voice. I looked at him with concern. Was I ready to go out with Ryan? Did I even know him well? Was I going to risk my friendship? Well our friendship is pretty curvy right now…

“Yeah, well only if you want to!” Ryan said quickly. He was hesitating and looking me straight in the eye, he looked eager.

“No, no I meant that, was that why you said ‘dating’” I told him as I put air quotes on dating.

Ryan grimaced at my reaction, “Ugh, no I never said ‘dating’,” he imitated me and he grabbed the book from my hand and flipped to a random page of his book and began to play the guitar.

I sighed. I knew that Ryan was lying. He just didn’t want to admit it. I guess it was partly my fault. I don’t want him to know my feelings to him. I did! But now, I’m not sure anymore. Damn this always happens! I’m so ready for something, but then I chicken out as soon as I’m next for it.

“Ryan…” I said as he began to tune his guitar.

He looked up at me with pain in his eyes, “Yeah?” he asked.

It took me a while to reply. We just continued to stare into each others eyes, “Please.. I don’t want you to ignore the subject..” I replied to him. Wow! I’m getting better at this eye contact thing!

Ryan to continued to stare at me with antipathy. “What part?” he asked.

Man he was making me sad. He, now, didn’t have any feeling and was trying to ignore me. At least he’s compromising now. “All of it..” I replied as I looked away. His stare was giving me shivers.

I heard him sigh, “Well, that’s not specific,” he replied and continued tuning his guitar.

I sighed. I really wanted to know the dating part. But at the same time I really wanted to know about his dad. “Your dad, then to the dating thing,” I slightly whispered.

Ryan didn’t dare look at me, “Well, what do you want to know about my dad then? Wasn’t what I already told you enough?” he asked. I could hear the pain in his voice.

“Well, umm.. Does he always, you know..” I replied. I didn’t know how to ask him!

“What? Abuse me?” he asked, I slightly nodded as I didn’t dare look at him. “No. He can be ok sometimes. But he’s never home. So it’s like I’m alone in my house,” he looked at the book, “And head,”

“What type of stuff does he do?” I whispered, I wished so much for him not to hear me. But as always, him and his super sonic hearing can hear everything.

“Pulls my hair, tries to fight. Basically he’s an ass most of the time. Once he threw a beer bottle at me, it missed. Sadly..” he told me. I didn’t reply. I didn’t know how. “You think I’m a messed up kid now? Don’t you?” I began to shake my head rapidly, “Don’t worry, everyone does when I tell them, everyone but Brendon and the guys,” I regained eye contact with him.

“Why would anyone think that??” I asked. Ryan was no where weird. Well in my world anyways. He was amazing, different yes, but simply amazing.

Ryan thought a moment as he bit his lip and looked past me. He then looked at his arm. He shook his head at first, but then sighed and pulled his sleeve up. “This..” he replied.