Chapter twelve:

After an hour had passed, Brendon had scored, and so did Spencer. They repeatedly hit the ball, and all you would hear was, click, clack, over and over again. The game was getting boring. Both were on tie. Two to Two. The game was really going no where. Jon and Ryan were still bickering on who was going to win. James was playing, Pacman, on his phone. I was bored, and tired. I was leaning on James shoulder. And my eyes flickered open, then close. Open. Close. Several times.

"Emma you should go home," Jon said as he eyed us. I grumbled as he disturbed my rest.

"Yeah. You should go home. You seem really tired," Ryan said as he seemed sympathetic. I nodded. I was tired, and we did have to get home sooner or later. Plus, it was boring.

"Ok. James let's go," I said as I stumbled up. James put his phone in his pocket and stood up as well. I got up to hug Ryan and Jon. "No hug from Brendon or Spencer?" I asked as I took next to the table.

"Shh!" Brendon snapped, focusing all over his game. I snickered, rolled my eyes, and began to walk up the stairs.

"I'll see you guys!" I called out as we reached the top of the stairs. I heard them all shout out their goodbyes and I opened the door. We began to head to the back door until Mrs. Urie stopped us.

"Leaving so soon?" she asked. She was cooking something in the kitchen. Smelt like chicken. I smiled at her.

"Sadly yes. We should be getting home!" I replied as I stood waiting for her reply. I didn't at all want to seem rude.

She began to nod. She opened the oven and took the chicken out. The smell filled the room. "Well would you two like to stay for dinner?"

I thought a moment. She made such amazing food, but we did, really, have to get home. "We would love to. But we have to go. Another time?"

She nodded rapidly. "Honey! Anytime! You all are always welcomed!" she smiled at me. I smirked back.

"Yes, well thanks for having us! See ya tomorrow!" I called out as we left the house. The second we reached outside. I dropped my smile and slouched.

We went down the stair, up to the sidewalk. "So what did you think of hanging out with us today?" I asked. Today was different. But that was good for James, I guess. It was betterthan watching a movie and eating popcorn. Like usually.

"It was alot of fun. But does Brendon usually play table tennis for that long?"

I shook my head, chuckling a little. "No, this is was like the first time I really saw him play. He's always talk about playing it, but Ryan would always reject," I replied as I looked down. I was getting less and less tired. And I was really getting excited about sleeping.

We passed the corner and finally got home. I opened the door. We entered the house and I began to make my way upstairs, until someone shrieked out my name.

"EMMA BISHOP!" I jumped as I heard it. What did I do wrong to hear my mother yell my name out that loud? She was never that anger unless we had done something terrible. And I hadn't been home all day.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Living room.Now!" she shouted. I frowned at James. He stared at me, frowning.

"Do you want me to go with you?" he asked. I shrugged. I didn't want James involved in this stuff. He didn't do anything, and he was having such a good time today.

"Your choice," I replied. I began to walk over to the living room. Each step I took was made shorter and slower. I didn't want to go in there. Usually each time I got in trouble with my parents. I'd always end up grounded or something. I finally got to the living room, James on my side. I saw Nicole sitting on the chair next to the couch. Giving me a devious grin. I frowned.