Chapter Thirty-Four - The Prophecy of Wracke and Ruine

      “You lie!” Mikhail hissed out, stepping further away from Hana as he backed out the door. The woman's eyes remained on his, conveying nothing but the utmost sympathy and care. “You dare lie to me?” Mikhail screamed, making his way back into the washroom and halting only when he was met by the backs of his own guards. “You dare say such foolish things to me!” Furious with the angel, Mikhail pushed his way through the guards ready to strike the woman down the second he got his hands on her.

“I'm sorry, Mikhail.” Hana began, stoically keeping her ground. “I never wanted you to find out. Leviathan agreed . . .” Her answer was cut short as Mikhail resumed his grasp upon her neck.

“Shut your mouth, you conniving wench. I will not tolerate the sound of you anymore. I don't think you fully grasp the idea of what you are implying. To say that I am half-unfallen is not only a slap to my face but a mockery of the crown I wear and an insult to Legion as well. And, while I admire your inventive thought, I will be damned to Heaven before I allow such talk to be spoken within these sacred walls.”

“Do you wish us to kill her, Sire?” One of the guards asked, leveling his spear closer to Hana's heart. Still holding onto her throat, Mikhail spun and snatched the sneering creature up by his neck as well. Squeezing, Mikhail easily felt the guard's neck snap between his fingers and dropped it to the floor with a sickening thud. He was in no mood for such interruptions and hoped that such a severe lashing would show the other guards his thoughts on such matters. The remaining guards kept quiet, all of them making sure to stand a little taller, a little more alert as Mikhail turned his attention back to Hana.

“You see how easily I can kill you.” Mikhail began, letting his fingers squeeze just a little tighter. Hana's eyes flashed with panic before she managed to eke out a small nod. “I won't hesitate to do the same to you and no doubt your lies will only grant you an eternity to sit in this very room and continue your work, only without the freedom to walk away as you could now. Tell me who put you up to this nonsense and I will consider letting you free.”

Mikhail dropped the angel back to the floor, waiting very impatiently as she gasped for several long overdue breaths. Finally, the angel stood back up, pulling her shoulders back, letting her wings flare out, and defiantly pushing her chest out to show Mikhail she wasn't frightened. “Kill me if you wish for I have no compunctions over my actions, Mikhail. Bully me all you desire, you cannot change the facts over your birth.”

Turning to the guards, Mikhail fumed bitterly, letting his rage seethe through his veins with unbridled fury. The guards sensed Mikhail's anger and backed several paces away to avoid being the chosen outlet for Mikhail to lash out upon. “Get her out of here.” Mikhail hissed furtively, knowing if he spoke any louder it would only come out as a roar.

“Where shall we take her, Sire?” The group of guards asked as one, choosing to legion themselves in an attempt to remain uniquely the same and hold back Mikhail's anger some more.

“Gather her and Anne. I want them both in my chambers immediately.”

“Yes, Sire.” The group spoke again, all bowing in unison and splitting in two to obey their master's commands.

Without giving either woman a second glance, Mikhail stormed out of the washroom, letting his rage out against the walls within the caverns. Dust and rocks fell from the carved out ceiling as Mikhail slammed his fist against the eroded sides of the hallways. Blood quickly began dripping from his knuckles. Too irate to feel any pain, he simply continued his mindless accost, all the way back up until he reached the main hall.

Storming into his chambers, Mikhail paced the floor of his office with little regard for the rut he was about to create in the lush, blue carpeting. With his hands still bloodied, a path of red quickly stained the floor to either side of him as he waited for the two angels to be brought up. Several minutes past before there was a polite knock upon his door. “Enter.” Mikhail spoke, flicking one hand across the room to open the great, oaken doors without stopping his gait.