Chapter 16: You've Made Your Bed, Sleep Tight My Love.

EDITED~

KATIE'S P.O.V

I hated her. I actually hated her. She came in here, so depressing and miserable and everyone loved her straight away. And this is how she repays us. Everyone was so good to her, willing to give up their beds so she could sleep, give up their time if she wanted to talk. Anything she wanted, we gave it to her. The worst thing about it all is that I'm the only one who can see sense. I am the only person who sees her for the liar that she is. Everyone else still trusts her, and that is just so ridiculous to me.

The night we found out her true colours, was shaping up to be one of the best of my life. Then she ruined it. I'd never felt so happy and bonded with my best friends and all she did was seperate me from everyone else. This weird effect she's had on everyone else has isolated me because I don't fall for it.

Looking around the dinner table, which had acquired more tension each day after she left, my eyes stopped on Polly. Her worry for her made me feel sick. How could she care, after all she's done? She lied and went behind our backs, but that didn't matter to Polly, she played oblivious to the facts. She preferred to stay in her fairytale where Connie was a nice person. Sian was shocked and confused, but she wasn't angry either, neither was Chloe, Kristal or James. James never expressed his views on the matter anyway, I don't think he even cared; he was spending less and less time here. 

As the days passed I just got angrier and angrier with the others. I knew it was wrong but I couldn't help being so frustrated that they basically chose her over me even stand to look at the others. They were all blind to how Connie had played us all and deserved a lot less than the no contact I'd demanded. I wanted her to know that we were mad at her and weren't willing to give her any support, it's exactly what she deserved. She can sort out her shambles of a relationship with Alex by herself, we did not care.

Only a few words had been spoken all day, so when the phone rang, we all jumped and stared at it. Polly leaped up to answer it, she always did - just in case it was her. Her face went through several degrees of confusion and bewilderment until shock flashed onto her features and stuck there. A huge grin slowly crept onto her face. Oh great, what now?

Polly put the phone down and turned around to us slowly with the huge grin still on her face. She just stood there staring at our expectant faces for ages ignoring a torrent of questions.

"Spit it out Polly." I had no patience for her today. I had no patience for anyone.

She ignored my snappiness, just like she had been doing the past few days. She took a deep breath and practically screamed, "THAT WAS JOSH FRANCESCHI! ON THE PHONE!" Not quite catching the last word because the rest of the room's squeals drowned her out.

"Are you kidding me? No it wasn't." My anger had made me bitter, I didn't like this new side of myself but it was how she made me. Taking away my friends and my night that I'd put so much effort into, didn't leave me in a great way.

"Sure was Katie! He was ringing to see how Connie was, I told him that he should call her, because we hadn't heard from her." Her face dropped when she mentioned her. Realisation creeped across her face: Connie hadn't even contacted Josh, where was she? Tears began to form in her huge brown eyes, she was so worried about Connie. Sian got up to comfort her, quickly followed by the rest of the room, they all felt the same. Leaving me sitting there. So, that was another thing to hate her for - what she was doing to Polly. Polly had acted like a sister to her and this is how she chose to repay her.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, Sian said, "I can't believe he called though! This is so amazing!" All I could do was laugh. Laugh at their naiveity and stupidity. Sian heard me and whirled round to glare angrily at me

"Do you know what Katie? I'm sick of this. How are you are still not over Connie having a secret? Sure she didn't tell us who her ex-boyfriend was, but she never had to. You never ever had a right to know that. Plus, who her ex is, makes no difference to the person she is." Now she'd hit a nerve, I buried my initial apprehension at the confrontation and yelled back at her.

"It makes all the difference Sian! She lied to us! We never shut up about her ex's band, and not once did she ever join in. She was hiding it from us. That makes every difference to who we thought she was."

We were face to face now and I could feel the situation getting out of hand, yet I couldn't stop myself. It was like something inside me had snapped and it had in Sian too. These past few days we'd bitten our tongues in an attempt to keep the peace and stick together but that had all just changed so quickly.

"She probably felt uncomfortable! You were all obsessing over her ex-boyfriend, it can hardly be easy. And can you honestly tell me that if she'd have told us that you would have believed her and not thought she was attention seeking?" She glared at me, daring me to answer.

And stupidly, I ignored the hint and carried on. "If you weren't so brainwashed by her, you'd be on my side. And that goes for all of you. I was supposed to be your best friend, and now she's the most important person in the world. BUT SHE LIED TO YOU! If any of you had any sense of loyalty you'd agree with me."

Sian just stood and stared at us in disbelief, so did the others, they had clearly chosen their side; and their loyalties most certainly did not lie with me.

"Get out." Everyone's head whipped round to face Polly. Shock dripping from everyone's faces, including mine. Polly, the girl who would never say anything bad to anyone. The girl who would keep the peace at all costs. And now she was kicking me out.

"It's time you left, you are no longer welcome here until you've sorted yourself. I want you gone by tonight." Everyone's faces began to harden as they agreed with her. Whereas I couldn't move. I couldn't believe that it had come to this.

Racking my brain for something to say that would make everything okay again, I sighed. I couldn't see any way out of this. She's been here two minutes and lies to us all, I've been here a year, and I'm the one forced to leave. I couldn't process it.

As I walked towards the door, feeling such an emptiness of purpose, I heard the phone ring. The sudden absence of stares on my back was just the push I needed to walk out of that door with ease. These people had no ties to me and it meant I had to move on.

But what I couldn't ignore was Pollly's cautious voice ringing out, "Connie?". I stopped in my tracks and turned to glance at Polly's reaction, it was pure worry. Whispers echoed around the room, eager to find out what was going on.

Unable to stay and hear what she had to say, I swiftly walked out. Already forgotten.