Chapter 29 (Part One): Ready For Forever.

ALEX’S POV

Here I was, the most beautiful girl in the world had her arms around my waist and we were stood in the middle of the floor, surrounded by our best friends. This was one of the most cliché moments of my life, but I didn’t cringe away from it. Life couldn’t get much better. Oh wait, yes it could. We were engaged! The thought regularly crept up on me, bringing with it a sea of hope and excitement.

If I hadn’t said it before, I was the luckiest man in the world. I looked down into her deep brown eyes, and I could see it. I could see what I’ve only ever wanted with one person…

“Daddy, help me!” I walked over to my youngest; she was only three, always demanding my attention.

“Coming little Emily!” We named her after Connie’s mom; she wanted the kids to know how important their Grandmother was. She took my mom’s name as her middle name, because my mom had been such a great support to Connie when she was pregnant with Emily; I’d been on a seven month tour during it, only just making it back in time.

I lifted her up and she put her hands on the monkey bars. We did this a lot; she’d reach for the bars, as I carried her across. So cute. But then I heard a loud cry behind me, I swivelled round, Emily still in my arms. My youngest son was on the concrete crying, in his mother’s arms.

“Bubbles!” She looked up to get my attention and just laughed to see me already looking. “I’m going to take him to get cleaned up, Daniel’s on the skate park with Zack, and Cassidy is there too.” I nodded and smiled as she carried the delicate four-year-old to the toilets.

“What’s wrong with Josh, Daddy?” I placed her carefully on the ground and took hold of her tiny little hands in mine. Looking into her big green eyes, I kissed her on the forehead.

“Emily Isobel Gaskarth, you are ever so nosy!” I poked her nose and she giggled. She was so curious at this age, she wanted to know everything. The question ‘why?’ was very frequent!

Now, c’mon you, lets go and watch Daniel skate.” I lightly pulled her to the skate park.

The image shifted to the inside of a house, with a beautifully decorated tree, despite the odd, random bit of tinsel hanging in a funny direction – children, in the corner next to the fireplace. Only a couple of presents were still unopened, although that wasn’t going to last long…

“Daniel Peter Gaskarth! Would you slow down? We have all day child!”

“But mommy! I want to know what they all are!”

“I know darling…” She smiled that breathtaking smile. It still mesmerised me after all this time, she was still the beautiful twenty-year-old I proposed to. Noticing my stare she came over to sit on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

“What you staring at Bubbles?”

“Nothing much, beautiful.” I laughed at the mock horror on her face, and pressed my lips to hers. She cupped my face in her hands and deepened the kiss. She turned round to face me, so she could straddle my legs. This took me right back to when we were only twenty years old…

 Interruptions were always by the same culprit in this house. We pulled away from each other in response to an insistent tapping on our legs.

“Yes little Izzy?” All she did was laugh and run away.

“Zack got me a skate-board! Oh. My. God!” We both laughed and rolled our eyes. Daniel was slowly turning into a mini Zack. He’d be playing bass guitar soon, I just knew it.