Chapter 26: If You're Afraid I'm Just A Kiss Away.

JACK'S P.O.V.

Not having seen both Alex and Connie at the party all last night could only be a good thing. If it had gone badly, Alex would have definitely been there drowning his sorrows. When me and Sian got back to the bus at three o' clock in the morning, we searched the bus for them, only to find a note in Alex's bunk:

Hey buddy,

We've booked ourselves into a local motel for the night. 

Don't wait up, haha!

Gee xx

Does that mean she'd said yes? I showed Sian the note and asked her what she reckoned.

"Of course she's said yes! They've sorted everything out, that's amazing! I'm so happy for her!" She squealed in glee. She really was so beautiful, I could get so lost in her eyes. I hadn't realised I was staring until she coughed uncomfortably.

"Are you alright Jack?" There was only one thing I wanted to do right then, and that was kiss her. Her rosy lips practically screamed for mine to join hers. But she thought we were friends, I didn't know if she wanted anything more. But I realised that I had to find out, because she made me forget about Connie, and if someone can do that, then they're a keeper to me.

"Can we talk?" She looked puzzled but she accepted all the same. I led her over to the couch and sat her down.

"What do you see me as?" I decided to take the blunt approach, I was never very good at making subtle hints, they never seemed to work. 

"What do I see you as? What are you getting at?"

"Like, what do I mean to you?" She blushed. It was the most beautiful sight, to see the light pink colour dust her flawless cheeks.

"Erm, you're a good friend?" She looked petrified, so I decided not to push it further, plus, she'd told me her answer.

"Oh, okay. I see." I nodded whilst looking away from her. Awkwardness fell over us, dancing in the silence.

"Anyway! Do you want tea, coffee, hot chocolate?" I jumped up from the couch to try and ease some tension.

"Jack wait, don't-

"Don't what?"

"You can't-

"Can't what?!" She pushed me against the wall and her lips weren't crying out anymore, all they craved now was more and more. I pulled away, trying to make sense of the sudden change of heart. I looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"I like you Jack, I really do. As more than just 'good friends'. I only said that because I didn't know if you felt the same way." I smiled at her, her eyes lit up with excitement.

"I like you too Sian, I-

Her lips pressing against mine were an interruption I definitely didn't mind. I knotted my hands in her soft blond hair, eager for more. She felt the eagerness in the way I pulled her body closer, the way I ran my hand down to the place where her top and jeans met. At that moment she knew just what I wanted and walked backwards toward the bunks, never leaving my lips once.

I pulled away, making her groan with impatience, I laughed. "Sian, are you sure? Isn't this a bit fast?" Now it was her turn to laugh, she shook her head with a devilish grin growing slowly across her lips. That was all the persuasion I needed, before she climbed into my bunk and pulled my hand for me to join her. 

Lying there with a huge grin on my face, Sian was asleep on my bare chest, I just laughed in spite of myself, at how lucky I had just become in the last hour. I'd finally told Sian how I felt, and I couldn't have asked for a better reaction.

She stirred, damn why did I have to laugh? Looking up at me with her bright green eyes, such a contrast to her pale skin, I couln't control my urge to kiss her again. Then I heard Vinny yelling in the front lounge. Oh yeah, I forgot we weren't the only two people in the world. I looked at her and winked, knowing she was thinking the same.

"C'mon babe, oh wait. I can't call you that, erm..." I looked at the ceiling to try and think of a new pet name I could call her. She deserved a unique and special one, but I just had no idea.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" She looked puzzled, but I could tell she was verging on the edge of feeling hurt.

"No! It's because the name isn't good enough for you, not the other way round! I'm sorry." She smiled in relief and blushed at my compliment. Was this girl not used to people loving her? Then I remembered her last boyfriend that had took a swing for me and hit her instead. It didn't seem like the most loving of relationships.

"We'll have to think of one then! But another time, before Vinny barges in on us both naked. The sound of footsteps right outside my bunk told us it was too late now. Ripping back the curtain, revealed Vinny's amused face, he winked at Sian.

"What have you guys been up to?!" He was clearly very drunk. Awesome. I got out from under the covers, being careful not to show any part of Sian. Vinny had seen me naked plenty of times, we got drunk a lot, so it was unavoidable.

"Looking fine Jacky! Wanna get in my bunk?" We both laughed, and he walked off.

Looking at Sian, she looked so lost and bewildered, she had a lot to get used to, a lot to learn. She had no idea about Vinny, Evan, Flyzik, Matt, Jeff, Zack, Rian...anyone! But I couldn't wait to be with her whilst she found out.

"Are you gonna get some clothes on, or are you gonna stand there naked, looking at me all day?" She laughed at my gormless expression, I stuck my tongue out at her, only making her roll her eyes at my immaturity. 

I walked to the back lounge were I kept my suitcase to search for some new clothes to wear. It was half past four in the morning and I couldn't even think about sleep. Judging by the amount of people sat around talking in the front lounge, I wasn't the only one wide awake. I guess it was Sian who was the only exception, I could look into her peaceful face all day, but I knew I'd just annoy her, so I shut the curtain and went to join everyone. They were all all attempting to sober up with all kinds of concoctions they'd heard about, consequently making a few of them throw up. Lovely. I was so glad Sian was asleep, so she didn't have to see this.

"Guys, c'mon! Sober up, I need to tell you all something." Everyone actually stopped for once, they never usually did when Flyzik wanted them to, it was usually funnier to ignore him. Flyzik looked about as shocked as I did, but took advantage of the rare opportunity and dove into his announcement.

"We've been given an offer to play a special guest appearance at Reading tomorrow, now I know it's a day off, but what do you think?" I just stared at him. I didn't even see anyone else's reaction, but all I heard was silence. Reading? We were being asked to play at Reading? Wow, we'd come so far. It all hit me in that moment. The only thing even close to a festival that had ever asked us to play as a special guest, was Warped Tour and that was because we'd been playing there for years. But we were in a different country, currently on a small venue tour, and we were wanted as special guests at a UK festival. This was amazing.

Flyzik turned to me as I was the only member of the band actually here for some reason. I just nodded. I knew the other guys would never pass this up.

"So there it is then. All Time Low play Reading Festival tomorrow!" He seemed as excited as me.

I couldn't wait to tell the other guys. They would be stoked. This was an amazing opportunity and a real benchmark in our career. I just needed Alex here now, he needed to figure out a set list for us. But then again, I understood why he wasn't here, everything had clearly gone to plan; and I couldn't help the feeling of genuine happiness that washed over me. I was truly happy for them, they were meant to be. They always were.