Chapter Thirteen

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM!!!

~*~   ~*~  ~*~   ~*~

Chapter Thirteen

Lexi’s POV

Keeping a secret from the boys in the Blake family proved to be harder than I expected. For the last two days I was constantly hounded for clues on what I was keeping from them. I had asked Michelle if it was okay and she gladly agreed and helped me keep the secret from the boys. But I got to say, Mason was the hardest to keep it from. He would always use the boyfriend card and pretend to cry when I wouldn’t give in. But they only had to wait one more day.

Mason was currently sat next to me on my bed. His eyebrows were scrunched together as he shouted out random guesses as to what the surprise could be.

“A concert.”

“A trip to Paris.”

“You’re parents are coming to visit.”

He rattled off ideas while ticking them off with his fingers. I just continued to shake my head knowing that he wouldn’t get it right and even if he did I would continue to shake my head. They weren’t going to figure it out and I would make sure of it.

“Why won’t you tell me?” he questioned. “I thought we told each other everything? You’re not being a good girlfriend right now.”

“I’m not being a good girlfriend?” I questioned, my anger slowly rising. “You’re not being a good boyfriend!” I accused him.

“How am I being a bad boyfriend?” he asked. I stood from the bed and away from Mason. I stood in front of the bed my hands resting on the footboard.

“You can’t just let me surprise you.” I said. He was pushing my buttons and he knew it. He knew that if he got me mad enough I would suddenly shout out the surprise without meaning it and he would then just smile smugly at me. Well, it’s not going to happen this time. He was going to wait until tomorrow and let me surprise him. “You can guess all you want, you can call me a bad girlfriend all you want but I’m not telling you.”

He sighed, slumping back into the bed with a look of defeat crossing his features. He didn’t say anything but he didn’t have to. I knew that he wouldn’t try anymore and he knew that this meant a lot to me. I silently climbed into bed and snuggled up next to him and sighed. I gave him a quick peck on the lips before resuming my comfortable position on his chest.

~*~   ~*~    ~*~    ~*~

Today was the day. Finally, I didn’t have to keep the secret anymore. I didn’t have to constantly shake my head as Mason or his brothers tried to guess what I was keeping form them. I had woken up hours ago excited for what was to come. But I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of this before.