Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

Alex’s POV

            “Does everyone know the plan? Kyle asked as we huddled together, all in different disguises. The pier stood proudly before us as we inched our way toward it. “Now remember,” he spoke quietly, “Don’t go after old people, and don’t hit a baby. Go for people around our age. Aim for workers, and please don’t get caught.”

            We split up, all going our own separate ways. I walked towards the Farris wheel, my sunglasses pushed up, putting my tourist outfit together. I walked slowly and inconspicuously as possible. I watched amusedly as Oliver squirted a girl in the face before jogging away.

            I looked through the people, deciding on my first victim. Spotting a group of three girls sporting miniskirts and high heels, I walked towards them. Neither of them glanced at me as I slowly received my water fun from the oversized purse before squirting them all and then quickly running away laughing as they squealed.

            I cast a glance behind me as they stomped away before slowing down. I turned the corner, before running straight into someone. “I am so sorry.” I apologized quickly before looking up at a smirking Mason.

            “I just knew you would go for them.”

“You were watching me.” I accused.

“Of course. You’re my girlfriend. I was making sure nothing happened to you and that no guys tried anything.” He smirked, “I was just being a good boyfriend.”

“You were being paranoid.” I accused.

“I can’t help it when I have a beautiful girlfriend. I know what they boys want.”

“Oh yeah, and how would you know what they would want?”

“Because I’ve wanted the same thing.”

“Oh really? From who?” I asked.

“Shit. I didn’t mean that.” He said. “I meant that—“

“I know exactly what you meant Mason.” I went to turn around, but he caught my arm before twisting me around and into his chest.

“I’m not going to lie and say that I haven’t thought about it. Because I have, but you have to believe me when I say I kept our promise.”

“I believe you.” I looked up at him as he brought his lips onto mine for a sweet kiss. “I love you Mase.”

“Love you too Lex.”