Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

Oliver’s POV

“You look beautiful.” I whispered, wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her cheek. “Are you ready?”

“Where are we going?” She asked as I lead her towards my car. I opened her door before helping her in and then shutting it behind her. “Or are you just going to ignore that question like you do every time?” She questioned, as I backed out of the driveway.

“Do you even have to ask?” I questioned.

“I just hoped that this time would be different.” She shrugged and intertwined our fingers before turning her head to look out the window.

“This time will be different.” I spoke with confidence, keeping my eyes on the road but glancing towards Jackie every once in a while.

“So will you tell me what we are doing tonight?”

“But that would ruin the surprise.” I pouted, locking eyes with her before turning my attention back to the road.

“Fine, fine, are we there yet?” she asked.

I chuckled, “Yes, we are almost there.”

Knowing Jackie didn’t like going on fancy dates or even dressing up for dates, I made sure we were doing something simple and romantic. Something she has always wanted to do. I pulled into the parking lot, staring out at the ocean. We just made it.

“What are we doing at the beach?” she asked skeptically. “Last time we were here, I broke something. Please don’t let that happen again.”

“I said I was sorry for that.” I apologized, “I didn’t mean to and it won’t happen again.”

“I know it won’t.” she said softly. “So what are we doing here exactly?”

“We’re going to watch the sunset.” I spoke. “I know it’s something you’ve always wanted to do.”

“Thank you.”  She smiled, opening her door and racing out onto the beach.

We sat on the beach, watching as the sun set below the horizon. We talked about everything and anything, sharing many kisses and laughing until the colors faded from the sky and stars shone through the clouds.

“I love you Jackie.”

“I love you too Oliver.”