Chapter One

Summer with the Blake Brothers

Chapter One:

Lexi’s POV

            It was finally summer! We were finally done with junior year and the only thing that stood in our way from graduating and finally getting away from high school was senior year. Something all teenagers look forward to. Finally being the top dog in the school, practically ruling the school.

            “Finally!” Kyle exclaimed sticking the last of the tiki torches into the sand and grabbing a beer before dramatically slumping down onto the sand. “I thought we would never be done setting this up.”

            “Hey stop complaining, it was your idea to have this party anyway.” Mason smirked, slinging an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him. He kissed my forehead before resting his head on mine.

“School is finally over, that is a great reason to celebrate!” Kyle sighed, “I finally graduated.”

“Don’t rub it in.” I said, taking a sip of Mason’s beer before handing it back with a shake of my head. “I really don’t like beer.”

“Then stop drinking it.” Mason chuckled shaking his head, and switching his beer to the other hand. The sun was still high in the sky and the party didn’t start for a couple more hours but the boys decided that because of all their hard work they deserved a couple beers.

“Come on, stop sitting around!  We have to go get ready.” Brittany chirped, skipping towards us with a less enthusiastic Jackie hanging off her arm. “We gotta look great!” Brittany grabbed my hand, jerking me up from my spot while spilling some of Mason’s beer and continuing to skip towards the car.

“Can we stop skipping?” I questioned once we made it to the car. “The party isn’t for hours, we still have time to get ready.”

~*~   ~*~   ~*~

By now, the party was in full swing. The music blared fast club music and the tiki torches were lit throughout the sand. Fires were placed at every pit, and some more adventurous teenagers decided to take a dip in the freezing water. The sun was dipping below the horizon and Xavier had just returned from yet another run to the liquor store.

            “Come on Lexi! Shot gun a beer with us!” Xavier shouted over the music to where I sat with Mason by a fire. I shook my head but apparently Mason had another idea. He intertwined our fingers, and dragged me over towards Xavier and his group of college buddies.

            “I’ll do it with you.” Mason smirked and handed me a beer. He took his car keys out of his pocket and expertly put a hole in the bottom of the beer can, before doing the same to his can.