Chapter 36

||I'll leave my ghost right beside you. You won't have to wait alone.||

"Please..."

"Shhhh, you'll wake the others."

"I can't see anything, please!"

"Wanda, enough."

"Pietro, where is Pietro?"

"Oh, darling, don't you know?"

"Know what?"

"Shhhh, I mustn't tell you. It is not my place to do so, but rest assured that your brother no longer suffers."

"Wha--what are you talking about? Please help me! I can't see anything! Pietro!"

With a painful thud, Wanda fell from her bed, hitting her head against the steel floor. She gasped, holding her head as it erupted with pain. She had been dreaming, of something peculiar, but as she woke, the dream quickly vanished into her mind, leaving no trace behind.

An Agent from down the hall ran down, holding his gun stiffly in his hands. Wanda looked up at him, her eyes glowing scarlet with annoyance. The Agent quickly stepped back, looking around her room for any sign of a threat, then walked away.

Every since she escaped her confinement, the team has been keeping a close eye on her, and it angered her. She knew what she did to Natasha was wrong, but it didn't mean they had to lock her up. But deep in her core she knew they were just afraid.

They were afraid of her enhancement--her gifts--and her ability to cause so much mayhem with the single snap of her fingers. They knew how much power she possessed and how much damage she could cause single handedly. The team called her magical and enchanting, but they never seemed to state the obvious: that Wanda Maximoff was dangerous and unpredictable.

"You're quite the sleeper," Wanda had merely just gotten up from the floor when Tony stepped into view, his eyes bright and awake when she looked up at him. "I came by two hours ago but you were still asleep."

"Pietro?" she immediately asked, almost having to force herself to speak the question.

"Oh, he's fine, yeah, just peachy. I think we're all just a bit concerned about you more than we are him. Not that we don't care about him or anything, but we know how hard this has been for you, so that's why all of this is necessary." He waved his hand around, talking about her concealed room. "You know damn well I'd rather be back in New York then here. I'm sure once all of this nonsense ends, we can go back to our little missions. Something familiar for a change."

"Familiar?" she asked him. He raised his brows, but she continued on without letting him speak. "Was my obvious depression a sign of familiarity to you? Were all of my fake smiles and laughs all so perfectly acted that you know see them as familiar? Is this familiar to you?"

He stepped to the side, his hands playing feverishly with his bracelet. He looked almost uncomfortable, and she wondered if he would simply walk away or actually give her an answer.

"Actually, it is, the whole familiar thing. This... is familiar," he looked into her room through the thick glass wall. "Well, if you replace your bed with a sweaty cot and the walls with brown rock and this steel floor with dirt, then yes, it is familiar. It's all too familiar to me." Tony took a seat down in the hall, and Wanda followed his lead, sitting in front of the glass wall and giving Tony her attention. She rested her hand down on the floor, letting her hex travel beneath the glass wall towards Tony's hand, where she managed to sneak into his mind. 

She saw glimpses of a dark cave, and guns and blood. She saw Tony's electromagnet in his chest, shining brightly as he worked tirelessly on a giant suit.