Chapter 32

||"I believe darkness can remind us where light can be."||

Instead of sleeping on the bed, Wanda grabbed the blanket and pillow and placed them beside the glass wall. The entire night she kept wondering what Pietro was doing, and whether or not he knew where she was. For five long months she slowly fell apart, thinking about her life and how she couldn't possibly live it without her brother. But now he was alive, and nothing else mattered to her except seeing him.

She dreamt of the day they fought Ultron, and how they fought beside each other. They were finally part of something good, something noble. 

But the Avengers lied to Wanda for months, and she was having trouble shaking that off. 

Steve said they had to, and that it was for her protection, as well as Pietro's. But they watched her for months struggling to keep it together. All of the pain she went through and they knew the truth all along. It seemed unfair that they didn't tell her. It was her brother, her life, and they never spoke up.

Wanda couldn't tell if it was morning or not, but she woke to the sound of something tapping against the glass. Her eyes fluttered open, taking in the color of soft-toned magenta. Wanda's eyes moved up, taking in Vision's shiny surface until she reached his face. He knelt down, and his eyes examined her cautiously. 

"Miss Wanda, how have you slept?" he asked her, and she pushed the blanket off of her body before sitting up. Her mind still felt exhausted, and part of her wanted to fall back down onto the pillow to sleep some more. 

"Good, thank you," she answered, and Vision stood back up, and simply stepped through the glass as if it were not there. Wanda watched in amazement, and he brought his attention back to her once he was done. She couldn't form any words, but when he held his hand out to her, she grabbed it willingly. He helped her up, and her body brushed against his. The sensation tingled through her, and when he stepped away, she struggled to keep herself up.

"You have received quite a handful of information which I can only presume is daunting. I apologize for having to lie to you, Miss Wanda. It was never my intention to hurt you in any way." Vision stood near the bed and looked down at it, his cape kept still behind him, and when Wanda joined him, her fingers grabbing at the fabric to feel how soft it was. 

"I just want to see Pietro," she said, then released his cape and sat down on the bed. "How dangerous are these robots?" she asked him. Vision eyed the bed suspiciously before joining her, and his large body made her feel incredibly tiny. 

"If we can avoid them, then that is what we will do. They are creations far worse than Ultron." Wanda picked at her chipped nail polish, letting the black pieces fall to the steel floor. "The humans are safe from the Sentinels, and that is what's important." 

"What about us?" she asked him. He paused, looking down at her with his beautifully crafted eyes. 

"I am not sure, Miss Wanda, I guess only time will tell." 

"I do not have time," she hissed, standing abruptly and stalking over towards the glass wall. "I need to see Pietro." She knew how irritated she looked, and it was going to take a lot more than Vision or Steve to convince her that not seeing Pietro is the best idea. She spent months wishing to hold her brother again, and she wasn't going to wait any longer. 

"Miss Wanda, rest assured that--"

"I want to talk to Natasha," she said, cutting him off mid-sentence. She didn't turn to look over at him, but she saw his reflection on the glass, and she watched as he shut his eyes briefly before standing. 

"Of course, I will have her come down immediately," Vision stood beside Wanda before stepping through the glass again. "Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asked her kindly. His ethereal beauty was clouding her judgement, so she shook her head and turned away. "Good day, Miss Wanda."