Chapter 35

||We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all.||

He felt so warm against her, and she let her hand run down his firm chest and watched as he slowly breathed in and out. The scars and bruises on his face were fading, but she still noticed them, and she thought back to the day where she hurt him, and how he refused to fight her back.

Wanda ran her finger across his bottom lip, ever so gently, making sure not to wake him. He had been sleeping of hours, and so had she, but his warmth brought her out of her slumber, and now all she wanted to do was watch him sleep. She didn't know how long it had been since they both fell asleep, but she was sure it had been hours since.

Wanda's stomach grumbled loudly, and she swallowed back her hunger. She didn't see a tray near the glass wall, and she wondered if the nurses forgot to bring her her food. Maybe they did, they were usually super busy with Pietro.

Pietro.

How could she have forgotten about him? She knew the medication they were giving her must have had something to do with it, but she never forgot about him completely. It was odd, and she despised the feeling of not having Pietro close in her thoughts.

As if her discomfort was eminent, Steve's eyes opened, and he quickly looked down at her to make sure she was okay. His show of concern warmed her, and she felt her pale cheeks rush deep with embarrassment.

"You're hungry," he said to her, and she realized that her stomach was growling again. "I'll get us some food. I'm sure they're wondering where I am," he said, sitting up from the bed and stretching his arms. She watched as the back muscles beneath his shirt flexed, and her breath caught in her throat as she let her eyes roam. "Anything in particular that you'd like to eat?" he asked as he scooted off of the bed. She was at a loss for words, and that feeling of everything being normal wasn't something she was used to.

What would Pietro say of this? Did he even know that her and Steve were getting closer?

He'd probably protest to it, saying she was still too young to be with a man, or maybe he'd go with the classic line "you can't trust men." Pietro had always been protective of Wanda, and with their years with Strucker, she never got the chance to experience anything. But now, with Steve, something felt right.

"Fruit," she said.

"Fruit?"

"Yes... please," she stood from the bed and walked over to the glass wall. She couldn't see the agents down the hall, and she couldn't feel Pietro's connection either. It was peculiar, but before she could think too much of it, Steve showed up beside her.

"What you did to Natasha..."

"I know," she interrupted.

"You and your brother, you'll make it through this. But you need to work with us, or else things aren't going to go our way." She turned to him, nodding her head.

"Can you check on Pietro? I want to make sure he is doing okay."

"Of course."

"And tell Natasha I am sorry." Steve walked over to the sealed door, and Wanda fidgeted with her fingers. "Tell her I won't do it again. Ever." She made her way over to the bed and sat down, twisting her rings around her fingers.

"I will," he said, and she gave him a weak smile before resting back down against the bed. Everything she had done to the team, it was beginning to dawn on her. She fought the only people who were on her side, and she pushed Natasha away. She didn't want that, not ever, and she hoped that after everything was dealt with, she'd make it up to her.