Chapter 15

||"She will find the truth and she will burn anyone who ever withheld it from her."||

A few days passed after Wanda was finally released from the medic room. The whole time she was there, she had her mind set on Pietro. Her arm was healing rapidly, but the faint scabs on he skin still spelled the name of her brother. She had spent hours and hours thinking of what she experienced. There wasn't a very clear way of explaining it, but Wanda knew her brother was sending her a message.

But a message from where? Wanda felt Pietro die, she felt it in every nerve in her body. It was the worst pain she had ever felt, and she knew that that was the moment she lost her brother forever. But the cuts on her arm? How had they appeared there on their own? Wanda knew she didn't do that to herself, but then again, what if she did? Had she done such a terrible thing to herself because of the agonizing pain of Pietro's death? It didn't seem possible.

"Ready to go?" Clint stepped into Wanda's room and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Wanda looked up and acknowledged him for a moment, before standing and grabbing her bag from the bed.

Clint and Laura had asked Wanda to stay at their farmhouse for a while, and she agreed without much thought. She was excited to get out of the Stark tower and spend time with Clint and his family. Wanda needed time away from everything, especially now since she had burning questions pressing together in her mind.

Wanda and Clint headed down the hallway to the elevator, and as they stepped in, Wanda looked up just as Steve came barreling down the hall with a bag over his shoulder.

"You joining us, Cap?" Clint asked as he pressed the top button.

"Yeah, is that okay with you?" Clint nodded his head, and Wanda held her bandaged arm behind her back and kept her eyes on the floor. Wanda had a gut feeling that Steve would accompany her to Clint's farmhouse, so she didn't really seem surprised when saw him with his bag.

They entered the Tony's apartment floor and headed straight upstairs, where Tony had the jet waiting for them. Wanda stepped in and took a seat, throwing her bag on the floor and buckling herself in. Clint proceeded to the front and took a seat in the pit and began to press numerous buttons that Wanda couldn't make out.

Steve sat directly in front of Wanda, and he placed his shield gently on the floor before setting his bag down beside it. His shield shimmered slightly under the afternoon sky, and Wanda wondered if the shield was as heavy as it looked. Maybe it was, due to the size of Steve's arms.

"Ready for take off," Clint announced, and with ease, he pushed the lever forward and the plane lifted off of it's wheels. The feeling of rising up into the sky made Wanda's stomach fall, and she held onto her seat buckle for safety. Even after being on the jet so many times, she still couldn't get used to the feeling of flying. "Safe house, here we come," Clint steered the jet to the left and they headed straight over the city.

Wanda's arm itched slightly, but she kept it tucked behind her back. She could feel Steve's eyes on her, but she refused to look up. She felt as though if she looked into his eyes, he would automatically notice something wrong. She didn't want to risk it.

"The nurses told me that you should tell me if you feel any chest pain. Hopefully nothing happens again, but if you feel feel anything that hurts, you have to tell me. Okay?" Wanda looked up at Steve and nodded, but quickly veered her eyes away from him. It was going to be a long flight, so Wanda unhooked her seat belt when Clint said it was okay to, and then nestled into the seat and shut her eyes.

___

Steve waited until Wanda fell asleep before standing and joining Clint up front. They'd been flying for three hours already, and Steve was eager to get to the farmhouse so he could shower.