Chapter 10

CeCe’s P.O.V

Before I made my way downstairs, I went into my en-suit to have a shower, grabbing my studded shorts and moustache jumper to change into after I had finished. My delicate feet stepped onto the cold white tiles that covered the bathroom floor, my toes bunching up at the sudden coolness. Rihana wouldn’t be able to hear that I was awake (thank god) as my en-suite came off of my walk-in-wardrobe which I locked from the inside as I didn’t want any intruders as I changed. My room looks like a normal size, until you open my cupboard door, it looks like it would be a normal sized, double door closet, but you are greeted with a large room which has another door leading off of it (my bathroom). Cream carpet, matching my room, covers the large floor with a wooden island in the middle holding all my underwear, make-up, hair accessories, jewellery and shoes, open wardrobes and drawers covering all but one wall. The one wall empty of wardrobes has photos of me and Harry and me and Rihana in frames covering it, with my dressing table sitting below, the lights from around the mirror illuminating the dark room.

I emerged from the now misty bathroom into my wardrobe, my clothes already on my island ready for me to change into. I was in the middle of pulling up my shorts when I was startled to hear a loud banging on the other side of the mahogany doors.

Me: Yes?

Rihana: Harry came down, asking if I had seen you. As soon as he came down I knew something happened last night. TELL ME NOW.

Me: If you give me a minute to pull my shorts up I’ll tell you, and you can come in here when I’m done so we can have some privacy to speak.

Rihana: Well hurry.

I jumped up and down as I pulled my shorts up over my thighs and bum. As soon as I had fastened the  button I ran to the doors, unlocking it so Rihana could make her way in.

Me: Give me two seconds, I need to speak to Harry for a bit. I’ll be back, you set everything up.

If I wanted a minute alone with Harry I had to keep her occupied.  So by agreeing to let her do my hair and make-up she did a little jump and started frantically rummaging through my drawers to find everything she would need.

I slowly made my way downstairs to see Harry, when there was a loud banging at the front door. To start off with I thought it was my mum, but she has a key? Harry came out of the living room when he hear the door, standing close behind me as I walked to open the door. As soon as I unlocked the latch a large figure pushed the door open, causing me to fall into Harry. It was Jake, and he wasn’t sober.

Jake: Where is Rihana?!

Harry: Whoa, calm down big boy. You aren’t going to see Rihana until you calm down and sober up.

Jake’s eyes grew wide with anger, his face turning a scarlet red.

Jake: CALM DOWN?!

He stepped closer to Harry and me, closing the large gap between us. Harry’s big brother instincts came out, pushing me out of the way as he squared up to Jake, being the same height but a bigger build Harry had the upper hand as Jake swung for him.

Harry: Do you want to try that again?

As Jake went for another shot Harry caught his hand mid-punch, dragging it back down to Jake’s side.

Harry: Now, you can either get out, or stay here and sober up before you cause more trouble.

Jake’s face turned into one with a shot of pain as Harry gripped his clenched fist way to tight.

Jake: I’ve had enough of this. Either you get out of my way or I’ll make you.

Harry: Get. Out. Now.

Me: Harry, calm down.

Jake: Stay out of this, you worthless piece of shit.

By this time Rihana had heard what was going on and was stood at the top of the spiral staircase, luckily I was the only one who could see her so I mouthed “stay there” before she came down.

Harry: WHAT?!

Jake: You heard me, the little slut goes jumping on the first boy she see’s!

Me: EXCUSE ME?!

Harry: Right, I think you should get out now. Before you cause any more trouble for yourself.

Jake: Fuck off. You don’t even know me!

Me: Jake, get the fuck out of my house now. You’re drunk and don’t know what you’re saying. Leave now before you say something you’ll regret.

I hadn’t realised that Rihana had walked away, phoning Li until he showed up and my still open door.

Li: Jake, Harry, CeCe, what’s going on?

Rihana emerged from behind the stairs so she was in full view of everyone.

Jake: Oh look, here comes the local bus.

Rihana: What are you on about? What does that even mean?

Jake: Well you should know, considering everyone in town gets a ride on you.

Rihana: What the hell are you talking about Jake?

Jake: Oh, so you weren’t with Zayn last night then? Walking around the field? Holding hands? KISSING?!

Rihana: Jake. I.

Jake: Fuck you.

Rihana: Wait let me explain!

As he started to walk out the door she ran after him, pulling him back in by his now tensed forearm. None of us could have predicted what was going to happen.

Jake turned around, spinning on his heel, his clenched fist meeting Rihana’s rosy cheek with force.

Harry: Get out. NOW.

Li: Jake, you best go.

Jake: Fuck this, I can’t believe her.

Rihana was now on the floor in tears, her face bloody with the force of Jakes fist against her face.

I don’t know what came over me, but I was so enraged that I couldn’t even stop myself. By now I was running after Jake, ready to kick the shit out of him.

Me: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!

Jake: Oh, here comes the little girl who acts all hard.

Me: That is it!

I had no control over what I was doing, my foot raised without me knowing, and before I could stop myself I had full blow kicked him in the gut, a strike of pain rushing through his eyes before he collapsed in a heap on the floor in front of me. I was getting ready for another kick when I felt two pairs of hands drag me back, Li and Harry hauling me as I screamed, trying to get free so I could take another blow at Jake.

Li: Calm down CeCe. He’s going home to sober up. It won’t do you any good causing more trouble while he’s in this state.

Me: He didn’t just punch your best friend in the face! He’s a prick! I want to kill him!

Harry and Li had now dragged me back to the house, locking the door behind them. I looked all around for Rihana but I couldn’t find her?

Me: Rihana? Rhi? Where are you?

I head a muffled “In here” from the kitchen so I ran in, pushing Harry out the way.

Rihana was sat on the island with a wet cloth and mirror, dabbing at the blood stains on her cheek, flinching in pain every time. I hated Jake for what he had done, and he wasn’t going to get away with it lightly. He had crossed a line and I wasn’t going to let it slide.