Chapter Nine

HARRY P.O.V

I ran out of the exit of Starbucks that Payton had just went through, and stopped on the sidewalk looking up and down for Payton. 

"PAYTON!" I yelled down the street when I saw a small petite frame walking quickly down the sidewalk holding her arms close to her little frame and her messy bun bouncing up and down with every step she took.

She swivelled around and her blue eyes widened when she saw me.

"Wait up." I yelled as I ran up to her, not worrying about the looks I was getting by bystanders.

"Harry what are you doing?" She said quietly when I reached her, looking down at her uggs boots tapping them on the pavement.

"Im not letting you walk back by yourself, even if its only a 5 minute walk. Your prime bait on these streets." I replied. She just nodded her head and turned back to the direction she was walking. Still keeping her head down. 

We walked in silence for a bit. Both of us giving each other quick glances when we thought each of us wasn't looking.

"Listen Harry, I'm sorry for how I acted before. You didn't do anything wrong. Im just not used to…Harry I'm trying. Its not easy for me to get close to people…" Payton confessed, finally breaking the silence. Her words sent my heart into a fluttery mess. She was so broken that it broke my heart. I could tell her confession was a big deal for her. She was still looking down at her feet, and fidgeting with her hands. I grabbed her fidgeting hands and stopped her walking and turned her to face me. I brought my fingers up to her chin and forced her to look at me in the eyes.

"Payton, you yelling at me isn't what hurt me. What's hurting me is that your putting these walls up blocking me out as soon as I start to get close to you and put me back right back at the start. What's hurting is me is not knowing why. Why you do this to people. What could of possibly happened that made you like this?" I said wiping a tear that escaped her beautiful blue eyes.

"You want to know why I push people away? It's only because I know opening your heart up to someone is giving them the chance to crush you. So many damn people have gone in and out of my life. Some because of stupid reasons and some because of no reason at all. I've seen what people can do, I've seen someone I loved been torn to pieces because of people. I push people away because I won't allow the same outcome for me. I leave before I'm left. I leave before anyone can hurt me. Plus if people are meant to be in my life, they'll come back…somehow." she said then let out one big breath like she was holding it the entire time, before looking away and wiping an escaped tear angrily. But i grabbed her chin and tilted her face up to look at mine.

"I won't leave Payton. I promise." I said simply. And I meant every word. I couldn't not be in this girl's life. She was different. She came into my life just when I needed it most. An honest person, who doesn't care who I am. Who my friends are. What I'm apart of. She only cared for the person I am. Something I need, especially being surrounding by so many fake friends who only want to be associated with me because I'm 'Harry Styles from One Direction!".

"How can I trust you? I barely know you Harry. I don't even trust my best friends back home anymore. How do I know your not going to just get up and leave?" she said shakily looking me directly in my eyes.

"You don't know. But that's life Payton. There is no guarantee. But I'm telling you at this moment, right now that I'm not going anywhere." I said kissing a tear on her cheek that escaped.

She fluttered her eyes close and just nodded, before we started walking again towards the Academy again, holding hands this time.

"Harry, what did Louis mean about not being able to drink at a pub? You are both of age?" The question I was hoping she wouldn't ask just escaped her lips. I looked down at my converse and took a deep breath before explaining myself.

"The last year hasn't been a good year for me. The fame got to me. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle the rumours, the lack of privacy, the hate. I used to think I was the type of person who doesn't care what people think, but I don't think anyone could possibly be prepared for the hate you receive when your famous. I couldn't help but care. I crumbled. So I started drinking as a way to escape it. It felt good for a while but eventually all the people close to me started to not be able to take me. So they sent me here." I confessed stopping and gesturing at the academy we were now in front of. I couldn't look at Payton in the eyes in the fear that that look of disgust would be back there.

"Harry, it's okay. I understand what its like trying to escape from the cruel world. Everyone has different coping methods, yours just happened to be drinking. You'll get better Harry. We will get better Harry." I looked into her eyes, stunned by her words. I looked for any hatred, disgust or disappointment in her eyes but saw none. Only pure honesty. I smiled at her words and received a smile back before she turned on her heel and started walking up the stairs to the Academy.

"I'll see you later Payton" I said quietly. She stopped walking and turned around to me.

"Call me Pay." she said with a small smile and turned back around and entered the academy closing the door behind her leaving me standing on the sidewalk with a stupid grin on my face.

YAY! Payton and Harry have confessed! Short but sweet chapter! This story is actually really close to my heart. I do have a an older sister Melissa and watched her go through some really hard times because of stupid bitchy girls. It was extremely hard to watch my rock crumble and fall to pieces and be on the edge of suicide. And I was very much like Payton, refused to trust people because I thought they were all just cruel fake people until my boyfriend came along, who I now have been with  for 6 years. Crazy I know. So this story is quite important to me, so whether or not I get a million reads and votes it is still nice to know that a few people in this world are reading my real life story. If only my real life story had Harry in it...Sigghhh. Keep reading and voting people!