Chapter Five

HARRY P.O.V

There she was. Sitting in the back wide mouthed. I couldn't help but smile because of three reasons, the look on her face was amusing enough to count as a reason, that fact that I would be spending a lot more time with her mentoring her, and the fact that fate just keeps making us cross paths, as corny as that sounds.

I turned my attention to Paul who had mentioned my name, but had no idea what he was talking about, my attention was on the girl since I had walked in the room.

"Okay the next few weeks you will each be allocated a time where you can have a one on one mentoring session with Harry, now please be serious about this and do not let the idea of Harry mentoring you take away your learning." Paul said turning to me with a smile.

"Okay the first student who will be working with Harry today is…hmm Payton Scott." He said looking down the roll.

 I looked around the room to see who this Payton Scott was when I noticed the girl with the eyes softly banging her head on the table. Her name must be Payton. And I must be working with her. My day just instantly got better.

PAYTON P.O.V

"…hmm Payton Scott." Mr Reynolds finally decided. 

Wait, Im Payton. Oh no no no no. I was not in the mood for Harry today. Its my first day of classes at Wilton and I don't want to be in a bad mood for the rest of them.

I looked up and saw Harry giving me a wide grin showing off his dimples. I must admit, as much as I don't like him he did look pretty cute standing there smiling at me.

I grabbed my bag and slipped my phone back in it standing up, make my chair squeak loudly causing everyone to look at me. My face turned red as I started walking past the chairs with students in them, all staring at me. I hated having the attention on me. When I reached Harry I made sure to give him a dirty as we walked out of the classroom. He led me to a private practise room and pulled out a chair for me. I sat down and crossed my arms, clearly showing I did not want to be here with him. He just sat across from me and put his elbows on his knees. 

"So your name is Payton hey, I didn't catch your name the last few times we've run into each other" he smirked.

"Thats because I don't like telling strangers my name, especially arrogant boy band strangers." I snapped, refusing to look at him. I don't know why I was being so rude. He hasn't really done anything to me, it was just a defence mechanism to be rude.

"I normally don't talk to girls like you either." was all he replied looking down at his hands.

"Girls like me? Girls that don't drop to their knees for you? Or girls who aren't famous? Just because your in some famous boy band Harry your still just a normal boy, a cocky and arrogant one at that! Just because your famous it doesn't make you any better than 'girls like me' " I mimicked him using air quotes. God he was rude, 'girls like me', he made my blood boil.

"I didn't mean it like that Payton. Your just different, Im used to girls being super nice and flirty with me just because Im famous. It gets kinda old, real fast. You don't care who I am. I like that, your my breath of fresh air." he said shaking his head. 

And for a moment I didn't hate him, his sincerity in his eyes told me he was telling the truth. But at the end of the day he is still cocky. I hate cocky. I know what boys like this do. They use and abuse you. They will make you feel like the only girl in the world to get what they want and then just dump you. No matter how good looking he was, or no matter how hard he will try to be my friend, I would never let him in. Its just another person that could hurt me.

"Whatever, can we just start this mentoring crap and get it over and done with." I said finally turning to face him. He just nodded and smiled to me.

"I like your accent by the way." He said not looking at me but pulling out a few sheets from his bag.

"I don't have an accent, you do." I replied trying to hide my smile.

"So where are you from?" he said smiling handing me some sheet music, with the title 'Creep by Radiohead' on the top of it. I loved this song, was one of my all time favourites.

"Isn't it obvious. Australia clearly, Sydney by the way. You like Radiohead?" i said lifting the sheet up facing him.

"Who doesn't love Radiohead?" he said smiling picking up a guitar and gestured for me to sit next to him. I hesitated a bit before sitting down. I didn't like the idea of him being so close to me.

"Okay so I know this song off by heart on the guitar so I'll play and you just sing, and if at any point you get pitchy I'll help ya until we get it perfect, because Mr Reynolds would like to see that Im doing my job right after this session." he said lifting his guitar on his lap.

"Well don't worry because I never get pitchy." I said looking sideways at him trying to control my smirk.

**

I walked out of the practice room and muttered a goodbye to Harry before taking off down the hallway to get to my next class on time. I couldn't believe it, i actually had a really good time with Harry. I smiled a lot, and laughed. That doesn't happy very often. He was always really sweet with me if I ever stuffed up. He was never cocky and was pretty easy to talk to. We found out we like a lot of the same stuff, mostly bands. He complimented me on my voice, and kept telling me how talented I was. He was truly just a normal guy under that facade. But that doesn't change anything, I still can't let him in. He can be nothing but a mentor to me. And deep down I hated that. How could I go from hating someone to feeling the opposite. I wanted to know Harry, I wanted him to know me. He was the first person who even came close to getting behind these walls and the thought scared the hell out of me. I need to avoid him as much as possible. But i knew I wouldn't be able to. I knew that because I wanted to do the opposite of avoiding him. And Im scared, so scared because for the first time in months I felt something again.

On the side is Jayme Dee's version of Creep. Thats kinda how I imagined Payton singing :)