Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm in my hotel room. I groaned reaching over to stop it. Ugh 6am. I never been a morning person. I went to roll over and pull duvet over my head and go back to sleep when I suddenly realised what today was. Today was my first day at the Wilton Academy. I dived out of bed and ran over to the bathroom and turned the shower handle on suddenly with a new lease of energy. I was beyond excited for this day. I quickly wash my long hair with strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner. I wrapped a towel around me and stepped out of the shower before walking to the lounge chair in my room where I had laid out my clothes the night before as all of my things were now packed as I would be staying in a dorm at the academy. I threw on my black skinny jeans and my favourite Ramones tee and slipped on my dr martens. I walked over to the mirror and started blow-drying my long hair until in fell down my chest in soft curls. I thew a little bit of blush on and some mascara. I normally never wear make-up, thank god I was blessed with my mums skin and rarely ever had a pimple or anything, but I wanted to look nice today. 

Once I was satisfied with how i looked i put on my black bowler hat. I grabbed the handles of my suitcases and started walking to the door fishing out the keys from my pocket. I stopped by my mirror near my door one last time. Wow I was nervous. Am I dressed appropriately? I giggled to myself thinking of what my sister would say 'You dress like such a muso sis. Or a boy.' . She would always tease me about my massive collection of band t-shirts and how i dressed a lot different from other girls at school. I was never one the hike up my skirt and wear push up bras like the others. I was so obsessed with my music I never cared for fashion much, not that I dressed like a dag or anything. I just dressed like me. 

I caught the train to the academy. I was now standing outside of the huge academy just looking at it. i gulped down my nervousness and brought my locket with a picture of my sister and I as kids inside to my lips and quickly kissed it and started walking up the stairs. I was having quite a bit of trouble though with two suitcases and my guitar case. Luckily a girl who looked about my age with fierce red hair came up and asked if I needed help. I gladly accepted the help and made my way throughout the doors. The place was HUGE, the best part was that all i could hear was music. It was beautiful.

"Do you have the slip that tells you your dorm number and everything?" The girl asked with a smile.

"Oh yeah I do, room 206" I said fishing the paper out of my skinny jeans.

"OMG, thats my room! You must be my roomie! Whats the luck in that?" she said excitedly in her english accent, her red curls bouncing around.

I followed her to our room, it was nothing special, deep red walls, two single beds, two desks, two closets and one bathroom to share. The rooms were floorboard the same with the rest of the academy.

"Oh my name is Keira by the way?"  my roommate held out her hand with a sincere smile playing on her lips. It was only now I could really take her in. She was short and kind of chubby but in a cute way. She has big blue eyes and a few freckles scattered across her button nose. She was wearing plain blue jeans, white converse and a loose white top with a grey beanie which contrasted to her bright red hair. I liked her instantly.

"My name is Payton, Payton Scott. Its really nice to meet you. What are you here for?" i smiled shaking her hand.

"I play a few instruments but I'm pretty sure my sax got me through, you?" she replied. It suited her the saxophone i thought.

"I sing, play guitar and piano. Do you know when classes start?" I replied.

"Um I don't know really, I know we need to go to the concert hall at 9am. Oh shit. We better go."  she said grabbing my small hand in hers.

Once we reached the concert hall it was nearly completely full already with kids doing the summer program. Yeah there was NO WAY i was going to win a scholarship. Unfortunately only the front seats were left and Keira and I sat down. Seriously I left school 2 years ago and its still apparently cool to sit at the back.

Keira and I started talking, about anything. She asked me where I was from as she could tell from my Australian accent that I wasn't from here. She thought it was super cool to have an accent. I giggled at her.

I was normally pretty rude to people. I didn't mean to be. I was just scared that I would get close to them and have them rip everything out from under me. So i resorted in being rude from get go and push people away before they could do that to me. I originally planned to not make friends. I was there for my music. Nothing was going to get in the way of that. But I couldn't be cruel to Keira. She was way too sweet. I had only known her for about half hour and could already see how much of a genuine person she was. It couldn't hurt to have one friend while I was here, after all Im going to be here for 3months.

"WELCOME!" A voice boomed out of the speakers from around the hall. I looked up to see a tall but chubby man on the stage with a microphone in his hands. 

"Look around you people, you are in a hall surrounded by extremely talented people. From the thousands and thousands of entries we had this year from all around the globe you guys were the chosen few, which may I add says ALOT. But now you have finally made it here its not over, each and every one of you will be competing to receive a scholarship to The Wilton Academy. We have a total of 3 to hand out.  Now this year we will be doing something a little different. Not only will you have your teachers but you will have mentors…this people have taken the time out of their busy schedules to help you this summer. So make the most of it."

The man started to rattle of names of musicians as they stepped onto the stage, some I vaguely new, others i didn't at all. One lady Keira particularly got excited about walked onto the stage, Im guessing she must of been a famous saxophone player.

"….now one of the most popular artists these days, Ed Sheeran."

I gasped. Holy Crap. I love Ed so much, he played a massive part in my life. His music, ugh it was just amazing. Control yourself Payton, do not make a fool of yourself and start fan girling i told myself.

"…we also have a massive star mentor joining us, now people try and control yourselves and welcome Mr Harry Styles to our team of mentors."

No way. My mouth fell agape. He was that boy I ran into at Hyde Park. The cocky one. Now I realised why I thought he was familiar, he was from that boy band One Direction.

I could hear Keira slightly squealing next to me, but once again Harry had caught me and once again I was stuck in a trance as we both stared at one another, another cocky smirk playing on his lips.