Chapter TwentyThree

We arrived at a little diner down the road from the motel. The diner wasn't busy like I expected at this time and we got into a booth almost instantly. A busty waiter came over to take our orders, she was absolutely stunning and I couldn't help feel a little jealousy towards her. She had long brunette hair that almost reached her waist, that feel down in soft curls. Her eyes were such a bright blue that contrasted lovely with her skin and her legs seemed to be never ending. She took my order with a bored interest before turning to Lucas. I watched as she pushed her chest out a little as she tried to shamelessly tried to flirt with him, only to be completely ignored. I don't know whether Lucas was unaware of her flirtatious attitude or he chose to ignore her and keep his eyes glued on Charlie and I. 

Lucas quickly ordered for himself and Charlie before turning to me.

"So Payton, you obviously not from around here. What brings you to London?" He said, his british accent thick in his voice.

"Well for starters, if I had a penny for everyone that has said that to me since I have been here, then I'd be a millionaire. But I came here from Australia to attend the summer music program at The Wilton Academy of Music." I replied

"Impressive." he smiled at me causing me to blush a little at the compliment. I quickly tried to cover it by slapping on a smile and turning to Charlie, "And how old are you miss?" I said to the little blonde girl.

"FOUR!" She lisped through the gap in her teeth, putting her hand up displaying four fingers. 

"WOW! Four years old, your so grown up!" I giggled at her. She turned to her brother and cupped her hand to whisper in his ear. He laughed at her and turned to me, "Yes I agree, Payton is very pretty." I swear I saw a small blush spread on his cheeks as he said the words, causing my face to mirror his. Luckily a lady walked past our window, she held 6 leads, all of which at dog attached to them. Instantly Charlie's face was glued to the window, watching the lady wrap the dog's leads around a pole. Charlie looked at her brother, as if asking her brother for permission to go and pat the dogs. He nodded and we both laughed as we watched her basically run out of the diner to the dogs.

After we calmed down laughing, I turned to him and asked a question I had been wondering all morning. "If you don't mind me asking, but where are you parents?" I watched as his face instantly fell, and his gaze fell down to his hands as he fiddled. I wanted to take the question back straight away.

"Um, Charlotte and I's parents died a bit over a year ago now in a car accident. They wouldn't allow me to be soul guardian for her. We packed our bags and fled, we have been going from motel to motel since. I can't let them take her away." he spoke, sadness vibrating through his voice as he looked out the window at Charlie, who wore a massive smile on her face as she patted a King Charles.

"I'm really sorry, I can't say I am in the same position, but I can understand loss. A few months before I came her my older sister passed." I don't know why I was letting a stranger know my past, but ever since Melissa passed away I have yet found a person that I can relate to when it came to losing someone close to you. It felt nice.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Since we are answering questions, can I ask one? If your studying at Wilton, why are you staying in a motel?" he asked.

"Well, as pathetic and dramatic it sounds, I'm staying in the motel because I just went through a break-up with a guy I met here. It is just a crappy situation really, I mean I still love him and I know he loves me too, it's just I don't think Im good for him." I said looking down, I didn't want to tell him the gruelling details, or the fact that the 'guy I met here' was in fact Harry Styles.

"You know time heals all wounds. You may not believe me now, but it does. Then you are left with a lesson learned." Lucas spoke looking at me with a very intense gaze, which made me wonder if he had experience in the field. But before I could press further and ask more questions Charlie came bounding in, her blonde curls bouncing up and down.

As if on perfect timing, the pretty brunette came back with our breakfast and we all dug in. Lucas often stopping and pulling a face at her making her erupt into giggles. 

Just as Lucas shoved the last of his pancakes in his mouth, his phone went off.

"…okay, no worries. Thanks mate. Okay bye." he hung up and cleared his throat. "Payton, Charlie and I have to go, but it was really nice talking to you." he grabbed his coat and Charlie's before putting it on her. He turned on his heel to start walking out the door but he stopped in his tracks and spun around to look at me. "Oh and make sure you make no plans for tonight."

"What's tonight?" I asked, completely confused, raising one eyebrow at him. Yes I can raise one eyebrow. 

He laughed at my expression before replying. "Tonight is Charlie and I's movie night, and she has insisted that our neighbour joins us." he smiled before he turned back on his heel and left the diner, leaving me there with a huge smile on my face. I liked being around these two. It took my mind of the troubles I had in my life for a brief moment.

Short chapter, a filler you could say. Im sorry I didn't want to rush into things with this story, I want to keep it as realistic as I can, and if Payton turns around and just randomly starts snogging Lucas it wouldn't be realistic, so I want to build their relationship up! Also on the side is the picture of my tattoo I got yesterday! It says 'the fearful are the failing'. Im in love with it! haha