Twenty Four- Escape

Ada's screams made my ears ring.

She fell down, and I almost felt bad for staining the newly scrubbed floor with blood again.

I swung the machete three more times until Ada stopped screaming. Her sides looked like gills on a fish.

I wiped my hands on Ada's short where blood had not yet reached and I ignored my ruined shirt and pants.

I grabbed the steak knife off the floor and I ran for the direction of the way I thought the exit was.

I was right.

There was a large wooden door, and the blood streaks lead to it.

I threw it open and I was exposed to a blast of light.

I hadn't realized that I was locked away from light for, maybe, a few days.

The stains disappeared when I opened the door. They lead to no where.

I didn't know where Reese was. Or if he was killed. Or where his body was dumped if he didn't survive the rack falling on him.

I ran down the hall until I made it to a flight of stairs leading to the first landing. I was brought up into a kitchen, and I ran through there and into a living room.

The front door was in between the foyer and living room.

I ran outside and I dropped the knife, in case someone thought I intended on hurting them.

I ran across the green lawn until I made it to the neighbors house. I practically beat the door down from how hard I knocked- or rather, slammed on it.

The woman who opened the door was an elderly lady, with white hair and eyes that were as dark as charcoal, but not as murderous as Ryan's eyes.

Wait, I remembered something!

I pushed off my victory and I looked into the woman's scared eyes.

"Oh honey! You're covered in blood!" She screamed as she stepped back and gripped her door.

"No! Please!" I said as I put my hand onto her red door.

She looked even more terrified from my reaction.

"I was kidnapped and held hostage in that house over there," I said as I pointed to the house I had just come out of, "and there's my sister inside. She held me and my ex hostage. She hurt or maybe even killed my ex! And she hurt me!"

"Okay! Slow down child!" The lady said.

I was gasping and sweating, expecting Ada to run out of the house and kill me. 

"I'll call the police." The lady said as she walked into her house and returned with an old flip phone pressed up against her face.

I glanced back at the house one last time before I looked at the lady and heard her speak into her phone.
***

"Your sister Ada was the mastermind behind all of this?" The officer sitting in front of me said as he gripped his Ink Joy pen in his left hand.

"Yes. She wounded and possibly killed my ex, Reese. And I hurt her in self defense when I escaped." I explained, glancing up at my parents. They had tears in their eyes and my mom's makeup looked like my first attempt at liquid eyeliner.

"She hurt that shoulder and your chest?" The officer asked.

I looked at my left shoulder.

"Yeah." I said as my voice cracked awkwardly.

"Okay." The officer said as he got up off the chair next to the hospital bed.

"Thank you for your time." He said as he bowed his head to us and left.

My parents looked back to me as they stepped closer to my bed and sat down.

"Why didn't you tell us that Ada tried to hurt you?" My mom said as her eyes filled with tears.

"She could've killed you!" My dad added.

"I didn't know her plans. I guess she was linked to my amnesia and falling out the window somehow." I said as I thought back to the memory of me in a coma, hearing her say how my kitten was killed.

"Hey, did I have a kitten before?" I asked.

My parents glanced at each other and then back to me.

"She was found hung by her little neck on a tree." Dad blurted.

I gasped, imagining an adorable little cat. Dead.

"I don't know what to say..." I said as pain engulfed my heart and head.

"Well, there is a plus side to all of this." My mom said as she exchanged looks with my dad. They both smiled.

"Why the hell are you two smiling!?" I shouted. "I'm in pain!"

"The doctors said that your concussion you sustained to your head actually knocked out the amnesia." My mom said.

I gasped.

How could this be!?

"I can remember now!?" I shouted.

My dad nodded.

"From what the brain specialist said." He replied.

I gasped.

"I remember now..." I said as memories flooded my brain like a river.