Fourteen- Haunted

I angrily finished putting the dishes into the dishwasher and I spent most of my day doing chores for my mom as punishment for throwing a pancake at Ada.

At 4 p.m, everyone went out to dinner except me. I wasn't allowed to.

I was in my room, watching TV. My phone suddenly buzzed.

I rolled over on my bed and I picked it up off the bedside table.

A text from Reese was glowing my my screen.

I reluctantly unlocked my phone and I opened up the text.

Hey Fern. Home alone?

My heart raced.

Yes.

I wished that I didn't reply with that. Because as soon as I sent that text, I heard glass shattering from the kitchen.

Someone just broke through a window.

I hopped off my bed as quietly as I could and I peered out of my bedroom door frame.

Through the halls, I saw Reese in a black outfit, walking around the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone and I tiptoed fast down the hall away from the kitchen.

I turned off my ringtone and my vibration on my phone, just in case if Reese or someone decided to text me.

I made it into Caitlyn's room before I heard footsteps coming down the hall to me.

I swung the door shut and I lightly closed it and I locked it.

I quickly scanned the room for a weapon, in case if my ex boyfriend would find me.

Caitlyn's cluttered room smelled of Chanel N° 5, and some of her clothes were scattered on the floor. About five pairs of pants were turned inside out, with bloodstains in between the legs.

I gagged as I looked at the mess my sister made.

As I moved away from the bloody pants, the doorknob to the door jiggled violently.

"Fern!" I heard.

It was Reese.

"Open the door, I just wanna talk." He said.

I shook my head and I opened the door. He wouldn't hurt me, after all, my family should be home soon.

"What?" I asked as I swung the door open.

To my horror, I did see Reese. And suddenly, he transformed into Ryan. Demon Ryan.

Ryan had the power to imitate a human! Oh God...

I screamed and slammed the door shut. I locked it and I dropped my phone from fear. I looked around but I didn't find it.

I turned around and I pried the window open.

I heard banging from the other side of the door.

"Fern!" Ryan called out to me as the banging increased.

I opened the window wide enough for me to jump out of it.

I slipped my legs out of the opening and I held on tight to the window pane.

I felt a sharp push on my back, just before I tumbled down two stories and landed on the concrete patio my family had.