Back Lot Island Walkthrough

BACK LOT ISLAND WALKTHROUGH

The latest island from Poptropica is Back Lot Island, a fun romp through the world of old-school film-making! Here is the walkthrough:

Back Lot Island consists of 9 Areas.  Two of the areas are outside the movie studio and seven of them are inside the studio reachable by a cart, similar to the Lunar Rover on Lunar Colony.

~ Main Street

~ Sunrise Street

~ Back Lot Entrance (get cart)

~ Soundstage 1

~ Kirk’s Trailer (use cart)

~ Soundstage 2 (use cart)

~ Soundstage 3 (use cart)

~ Soundstage 4 (use cart)

~ Post Production (use cart)

Main street contains a number of different stores (left to right):

~ Celebrity Wax Museum (common room)

~ Queequeg’s Coffeehouse

~ Digital Dreamscapes Studio

~ (Your Blimp)

~ One-of-a-Kind Talent Agency

~ A 2nd Queequeg’s Coffeehouse

Sunrise Street contains two other buildings:

~ Chinese Theater

~ Entrance to Grand Majestic Studios

 Overview

In order to complete Back Lot Island you must first find a way inside the Grand Majestic Studio, then you have to help the famous director Carson Willis complete his film.  Unlike many other Poptropica islands, there is no villain.

Part One: Enter the Studio

Part Two: Get Kirk His Coffee

Part Three: Monkey Around (Soundstage 4)

Part Four: Build the Prop Train, Cast the Cowboys, Create the Effects (Soundstage 3)

Part Five: Find Goldie, Get the Script, Find a Lead Actress, Act! (Soundstage 2)

Part Six: Post Production

Part Seven: World Premiere

Bonus Quest

PART ONE: ENTER THE STUDIO

As always, you land on main street.  You’re immediately accosted by paparazzi who think you’re a celebrity.  Alas, you’re not.  They run off when they see former child star Willy Bingleman going into Queequeegs.

Go right and go into the One-of-a-Kind Talent Agency.  Talk to the talent agent.  She’ll send you to Harvey Scoops.  Go right to Sunrise Street area.

Head right, cross the street, at the tourists, click on the ground to see the hand and footprints of Carson Willis.  The tourists tell you Carson was one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, until his career went “off the rails”.

Keep going right until you find this guy, Harvey Scoops (picture on the side)

Talk to him and he’ll tell you he’s investigating activity at the Old Grand Majestic Studios.  Rumor is that something’s going on inside the studio walls.  When you offer to help, Harvey asks you to climb the nearby building and take a picture for his blog.  He gives you a TELEPHOTO CAMERA.  Unfortunately, you won’t have any idea how to use this old-fashioned camera.  So, you need to find someone who can teach you.