Counterfeit Island Walkthrough

Counterfeit Island is one of the longest and hardest-to-beat islands in Poptropica, but still it has a wonderful plot and story. Here is the complete walkthrough for Counterfeit Island.

Your Arrival On Counterfeit Island

Follow the map to Counterfeit Island. You’ll arrive by balloon right next to the museum. Start running all the way to the right and head to the Downtown area. When you arrive, the first store you’ll see is called Bobo’s Clown Store. Go inside. You’ll see several colored balloons inside. Click on the green one to pick it up and then leave the clown store.

EXTRA: you can jump up on the roof of the store to talk with Bobo the clown. He’ll tell you why he’s up on the roof. It’s not necessary to talk with him to complete this quest.

Now head all the way to the right and enter the Countryside zone. Walk a little bit further to the right and you’ll come across a crying boy and a young woman holding a red balloon. Click on the crying boy and you will give him your green balloon. Once he has it he’ll fly up and away into the air. Poor balloon boy! Oh well, he’s not your problem right now. Head back to the left to go Downtown and then run all the way to the left of that zone and go into Main Street. When you arrive at Main Street, go inside the Web Browser Internet Cafe. Once you’re inside, walk to the right and talk to the bearded guy wearing the hat and camera. He’ll tell you that he lost his tunnel tour tickets and that if you can find them, he’ll give you one. While you’re talking to him, look up at the TV behind you. It’s balloon boy on the news! Head back out of the cafe and then go to the right and go to Downtown.

Your next stop is the garbage can just to the right of the entrance to the underground tunnel tour. Click on the garbage can and a screen will appear showing all garbage inside. Click on each piece and drag it away from the center. Soon, you’ll reveal the lost tickets that are buried inside. Click on the tickets and they’ll go into your backpack.

OK, now run back to Main Street and enter the Web Browser Internet Cafe again. Go inside and stand next to the man who lost the tickets. Open up your backpack and find the tickets and then click on “Use”. The guy will thank you for finding them and just as he promised, he’ll give one back to you so that you can use it to take the underground tunnel tour. And that’s exactly where we go next!

EXTRA: On your way back Downtown to go to the underground tunnel tour, you can stop in at Bobo’s Clown Store again to pick up another balloon. I think it makes getting the torn picture in the tunnel a little bit easier, but this is optional.

OK, head back Downtown and go to the entrance to the underground tunnel tour. There’s a woman standing outside wearing a green beret. Stand next to her, then open your backpack and click “Use” on the ticket inside. Next, click on the gate behind you to start the tour.

The tunnel tour is very easy to do, because there’s just one path to follow. When you get to the bottom, you’ll see a lightbulb hanging down from a cable in the middle of the tunnel. Jump up onto this cable and climb to the top. You’ll see a torn piece of paper on top of another cable just to the right. This is part of the torn picture that you’ll need to unlock the secret door to the museum later in the quest. Climb all the way to the top of the cable and jump to the right. This is really easy if you’re carrying a balloon from Bobo’s Clown Store. When you pass over the torn picture, you’ll pick it up. Keep following the main tunnel until you see a stone staircase heading up out of a door. Follow the stairs to leave the tour.

The Mysterious Guy

Right after you exit the tour, you’ll meet a mysterious man standing next to the exit. He’ll tell you a story and ask you to get a job at the museum, then meet him in this same spot after nightfall. Now head up the sand to the right and you’ll see another torn piece of the picture. Pick this one up. Before leaving this area, run across the docks to the left and jump up to the top of the mast on the fishing boat to find your third piece of the torn picture. Now head back to Main Street and enter the museum.