Wimpy Boardwalk Island Walkthrough

Wimpy Boardwalk is a colorful old-style theme park on the water, in the spirit of Coney Island and the Santa Monica pier. Crazy fun houses, bumper cars, old arcade games, eating cotton candy, and getting sunburned on the beach…Wimpy Boardwalk has it all! Here is the walkthrough for this island...

The Areas

There are six areas on the Wimpy Boardwalk map.  Five are accessible during the game.  The sixth area, Under Boardwalk, isn’t reached until the final part of the game.  The areas from left to right on the map are:

Fun House

Boardwalk Rides

Boardwalk Games (Blimp)

Boardwalk Arcade

The Beach

Under Boardwalk

The Set-up

Coming out of your Blimp, you land in an area of Wimpy Boardwalk Island called Boardwalk Games.  First, talk to Greg, the very skinny kid on your right.  Wind will blow his $20 bill out of his hands after you talk to him and into the hands of a mean Big Kid.  The Big Kids will run and Greg will take off after them.  Rowley, the kid on your left with a t-shirt that reads “I Survived the Cranium Shaker”, will ask you if you can help.  Of course you will.  The quest has begun!

Head right to the Boardwalk Arcade area and keep going until you see Greg.  Talk to Greg, then head right again to an area called The Beach.  You just have to enter the Beach area.  Then turn around and head back left to the Boardwalk Arcade to find out what happened to the Big Kids and what they’re doing with Greg’s 20 bucks!

Overview

In order to get Greg’s 20 bucks back to him, you’ll need to outwit the Big Kids.  They’ve taken the $20 bill and are hanging out underneath the Boardwalk Arcade.  They’re slipping the bill up between the boards and are pulling it away just as anyone tries to grab it.  Jerks!  You’ll need to get a crab to hold onto the bill to stop them from pulling it away.  To get the crab you’re going to need a REMOTE CONTROLLED HELICOPTER.  But the kid with the helicopter won’t let you have it until you can give him a JUMBO PRIZE by beating all five of the Boardwalk Games.  And to do that…you’re going to need a LUCKY RABBIT’S FOOT.

Part One: Getting the Lucky Rabbit’s Foot

Part Two: Winning the Jumbo Prize

Part Three: Airlifting the Crab

GAME TOKENS - As you walk around the Wimpy Boardwalk, you’ll see Game Tokens lying on the ground.  Grab ‘em!  You’ll need them later to play the 5 Boardwalk Games.  (You’ll be able to collect even more tokens, when you can play the METAL DETECTOR game later.)  For now, though, don’t worry about how many you have, just grab them as you see them.

Part One: Getting the Lucky Rabbit’s Foot

Head left to the area called Boardwalk Rides.  You’ll need to jump over a trash can buzzing with flies.  (The entrance to the Fun House is here.  You can go in to see that Rowley is in the ball pool and his mother is there looking for him.  But there’s nothing to do here now, so head back out to Boardwalk Rides.)  Keep going left until you reach a parking lot.  There is a woman with a red purse who is looking for her CAR KEYS.  It’s up to you to find those keys!

Go back to the right of Boardwalk Rides and click on the cotton candy cart.  The clue is that cotton candy is “sweeter than honey”.  Now jump onto the Cranium Shaker ride to the left of the cotton candy cart.  On one of the cages at the upper right is the TRASH CAN LID (you’ll end up holding it, it won’t go into your backpack).  Holding the TRASH CAN LID go to the trash can.  You’ll automatically put the LID on it.  Next, push the trash can to the cotton candy cart.  Click on the LID, then click again on the can.