Shrink Ray Island Walkthrough

In Shrink Ray Island, the star science fair student has gone missing and you need to find out what happened. Here’s what the official Poptropica island info page says about this new quest:

A young genius has invented a ray gun that shrinks anything it touches – including you! But when the scientist and her invention go missing, you’ll have to keep the shrink ray from falling into the wrong hands, and find a way to bring yourself back to normal size. To solve a problem this big, you’ve got to think small! Here is this island's complete walkthrough!

Arrival and Science Fair

Go to Shrink Ray Island on the main Poptropica map and you’ll arrive on Main Street and land on top of a slide and swing set. You can head to the left to enter the multi-player room, which is the Sweet Dreams Candy Shop, but for now you want to head to the right and go inside PS 101, which is holding the River City Science Fair.

Enter the school through the double doors next to the sign.

Run to the right and go through the doors with the Science Fair sign.

Fun Fact: you can click on the water fountains as you pass by to make them squirt water.

Once you’re inside the science fair, run past all the exhibits until you get to the right. If you want, you can check out the different exhibits, which include The Sixth Sense in Calamari, Balloons, Fashion, and Electricity, Chocolate Volcano, Candy and Soda Propulsion, Evolution of the Belly Button and an empty exhibit at the far right end near the stage. Go to this last exhibit and talk to the guy standing there.

The man is Mr. Silva, the science teacher, and he’s worried that his star pupil, CJ, is missing. The two people on the right are CJ’s parents. Talk to them and CJ’s dad will tell you to go look for her at their apartment on Avenue A.

Head back out of the school and go to the right to enter the Avenue A zone.

Avenue A and CJ’s Apartment

When you arrive on Avenue A, you can head all the way to the right side to get to CJ’s apartment. It’s the one with the orange cat outside the door and a telescope inside the window. Inside, you’ll see that CJ and her family are kind of messy!

Click on the door to enter the apartment. The cat will follow you inside.

Follow the cat from room to room to try and chase it back out. After it leaves the bathroom, it will go back outside the door.

Go into CJ’s bedroom, which is on the left side of the apartment. Click on the microscope that is on her desk next to the computer.

A masked man will come in the room. He looks like he’s right out of Wild West Island. And he’s carrying a shrink ray gun! He’ll tell you he’s going to put a stop to your snooping around and will chase you to the left side of the bedroom.

You’re cornered! The bad guy uses the shrink ray gun on you and you’re shrunk down to a miniature size!

CJ’s Apartment: I’ve Been Shrunk!

This is the main part of the quest. You’ve now been shrunken down to miniature size and need to find out how to get back to normal size, catch the thief, and rescue CJ!

Run to the right, jump up onto the shelves, and then jump to the right on top of the fan. It will start to drop down. When it’s done, press the red button to start it and it will blow away all the dust bunnies under the bed, revealing the thumb drive underneath.

Turn the fan off, and jump up and over it. Then go under the bed and pick up the thumb drive.

Run to the right to get to the next part of the bedroom and then go right again to enter the living room.