BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

I laid there in my bed upset with myself i hated to hurt him in that way i hated to see him upset or sad.. But it will be for the better.. I couldnt do much but be honest to an extent. I laid in bed and finally fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later i looked at the clock i was late for work i jumped up and got dressed hurring to the bathroom to fix my hair and wash my face. I put my shoes on and grabbed my apron. And called my job.

"Hey david its me meagan, im on my way be there in like five". I said lacing up my shoes

"Well get here we'er actually busy today for some odd reason".

"Really wow" . I said suprised

I got off the phone and headed downstairs and WAM!! I stopped dead in my tracks i saw August sitting next to Mya, i was upset and hurt i dont know what kind of sick joke he was pulling but it wasn't cool at all. I grabbed my purse off the bar and headed out the door. It hasn't even been 24 hours and he got back with Maya, i tried calming myself down as i walked to the bus stop. August is offically a fuckboi for that bullshit he just did.

I walked in to work and we were in fact busy it was unbelievable i went to my locker and put my stuff away and started busting tables.

Totally in my zone i heard my name being called. I looked up and automatically a smile was on my face.

"Hey you what are you doing here?" I said to chris

"Well someone said you guys have the best coffee in town and the best applepie for miles". He looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"I wasn't expecting you to be here, have you been helped?"

"Actually i have i was just waiting for you to get on your shift".

"Ohh well thats sweet, listen i just got in so it will be a while before i get a break".

"You good, do your thang i can see your busy and i'm free today ion mind waiting for you".

"You dont have to wait ya know".

"I know but i dont mind" he said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Ok, well would you like to order something while you wait?"

"Yeah lemme get, ya know what you get me the best dish you guys have". He said handing me his menu.

"Ok steak and eggs coming up" i said jotting down his order.

I went and put his order in and started back busting tables. My mind would wonder to August, from time to time . I really felt like i fucked up big time it was one of those i should just tell him things but i wasn't quit ready yet. I know im a fool for not telling him but at the same time im still trying to except it myself but after seeing him with Mya, that just boiled my blood. The day had went on and it was almost time for me to go. I set with chris for a while on my break and lunch. I actually enjoyed talking with him he made me feel good and not think about my problems as much.

"Hey what time you off?" He asked

"In like 45 minutes why?" I knew why he asked but i still wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Lemme give you a lift back to the house, if thats okay with you" he said smiling

"Well umm i kind of"

"Its not a date Meg im just offereing you a ride home".

I sat there and thought about it and it was late. I guess i didnt want August to see him and then he goes on trip mode..