51

Remmy had her plan formed.  She would seek out Yorick in the castle and demand him to relinquish rulership to her.  Once she had the title, she would have the help of the guard to keep her and her friends safe.  It was a brilliant plan, except she had no idea where in the castle his private chambers were located.  Roaming the halls was not an option she liked, but it was one she would have to take.  It was now almost one in the morning, most everyone would be asleep and the only people left would be on patrol.  Unless someone had already found her missing. 

She would have already known by now.  A search party would have been sent to find her.  Remmy had thought it over.  If she was kidnapped and brought to the castle, then Yorick would have to have known about it.  She didn't think he was the one that ordered it.  If he was, she was sure he would have killed her or put her in a cell or dungeon, not in a swanky room only keeping her in with a simple lock. The initial kidnapping had his touch to it, but she was powerful for her age and would have to have been taken swiftly for fear of retribution.  Retribution, that was what they would get now.

Remmy knew this side of the castle pretty well.  If she could have guessed, one side of the castle was for guests, the front for entertaining, and the back for leisure.  That just left the other side to house private quarters for the Ruler.  She had not been to the third floor and that seemed like a good place to start.  The library had taken up two stories and so had the Ballroom and banquet hall.  The ground level housed all of the inner workings of the castle and housed the staff.

She would have to sneak out of the library and make her way over to the other side of the castle.  That was where she had run into Kerri.  The second floor must contain their living quarters.  She had not remembered seeing stairs anywhere in the hall, or an elevator for that matter.

Remmy brought her strength to the forefront and steadied herself for what she was about to do.  She stood up from the floor only to be brought down to all fours.  Sharp pain lanced through her eyes.  They watered and she blinked it away.  Her ears began to burn and she covered them, sitting back on her heals.  Her nose was next, the insides felling like they were melting out.  Her muscles throbbed and every neuron of her nerves buzzed at once, pulling her into a convulsion.  She couldn't take the pain and fell on to her side.  Her heart was thundering from adrenaline that her flight or fight response drove out.  Her heart stopped.  It felt like it had swallowed too much blood and kept swallowing without pumping anything out.  Her chest was exploding with pain, her body racked with chills and fever.  She screamed, forcing air out of her lungs at a high rate. She was in a new from of hell inside her own body and she had no way to control it.

It was too much for her.  She stilled her mind and pulled away from the pain into the recesses of her made up world.  All of her friends were there, on the hill overlooking the lake. 

Aurora and Mack were laughing together and feeding each other, making a mess of the other's face.  Lilly and Quin were talking about clothes while Naldy and Gertrude were walking hand in hand up to the blanket.  Remmy was looking around and couldn't find Aldric.  Concern flushed her features.  She felt someone pulling on her hand.  She turned and placed her hands against a strong chest.  She looked up into Aldric's eyes.  "I will always be with you."  Remmy smiled.  She leaned into him readying her lips to touch his.  Her world slipped away into blackness.