14

Remmy couldn't believe what was happening to her. She went from thinking she was about to get murdered by a killer and doubting herself about trusting others to almost being kissed. The tension she had felt in her gut before wound tighter as he held her face. When he kissed her, his lips felt so soft and giving. He lingered close to her before pulling back. All Remmy wanted was to pull him closer. She had never felt like this before. She was uncertain of her feelings about him. She knew she liked him, more than she should. She trusted him with all of her heart.

Aldric pulled her face up and looked into her eyes. They were dancing in front of him and it was torture not to do more. He unintentionally used his power and saw what she felt at that moment. Trying to be a gentleman he broke his thoughts. "What do you want?"

The words came out softer than he had meant. Remmy's mouth dropped slightly and she pulled in a sharp breath. Aldric dropped his hands down caressing her arms along the way. He was stealing every second of touch he could before breaking this moment. "Let's go see what you have in the kitchen and we can figure out what you want to eat ok?"

Remmy followed Aldric out of her room into the kitchen. Her heart was fluttering and she felt light headed and almost giddy. Maybe she shouldn't have brought him home. If Mack had walked in he would be upset. She sat down at the peninsula between the kitchen and living room and watched as Aldric browsed his choices. She was in a comfortable silence staring at his muscular physique when he started to suggest dinner.

"There really isn't too much here, I could make you spaghetti? Or steak?" He turned from the fridge to look at her. "I make a pretty good steak, but these are frozen, so they might not taste as good."

"Steak sounds good." It came soft and quiet. She swallowed and continued. "I think there are some sweet potatoes in the bottom drawer too."

Aldric nodded and began pulling out items from the fridge. It didn't take him long to find everything he needed. He was buzzing around the kitchen preparing the sweet potatoes and letting the steak thaw in the oven. "How do you like your steak?"

"I don't know, I've never had it before. When you live on your own, you tend to buy cheaper food."

Aldric stopped for a second almost in disbelief before smiling. "This is going to be the best meal you've ever had, and if you hang out with me, you will have plenty more."

"Are you trying to fatten me up?" Remmy said playfully. "Because I think I look fine how I am."

Aldric smiled at her. It was so hard not to be smiling around her. He shook his head. "That's not what I meant by that at all. When you train, you have to eat more calories, or you won't have the stamina to finish a session. You need to eat more protein to help build muscle, and carbs for energy. And yes there is nothing wrong with the way you look now."

Remmy tried her best to hold back the blush. If she stayed around him too much her face might go up in flames. "Could you make an extra one for Mack? It's not part of the deal with me staying here, but I feel like I owe him."

"Of course. He can have mine, if I can get a few bites off of yours." Before Remmy could reply, Aldric was at the stove with his back to her, frying the steaks in the cast iron skillet and putting the potatoes in the oven. She watched him in silence as he began to gather a few items out of the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"You drink?"

"Rarely, but it makes a very good steak sauce." He opened a few things and flipped the steaks, letting them sizzle. He poured a little beer and butter into the pan and added some spices. He turned to her and grabbed two glasses out of the cupboard.

"Can't let it go to waste." He poured them both a glass from the tall boy and handed her one.

Remmy eyed it cautiously. She had never had beer before, but knew in large amounts it could really impair your judgement. Today was not a good day to have her judgement askew. Aldric hadn't touched his yet either, it sat on the counter where he had poured it.

Aldric grabbed plates and turned off the stove top. He placed one steak on each then pulled the potatoes out of the oven. He finished making the plates and brought one over to Remmy and set the other in the microwave for Mack.

The smell of the food made her mouth water, and when she took a bite of the sweet potatoes her mouth exploded with flavor. She was so busy focusing her senses, on the tastes and smells she didn't notice Aldric had sat down next to her and was watching her eat.

"That good huh?"

Her face must have said more than she thought. She looked down and half the potatoes were gone. "Yes it is really good. One day you're going to have to show me how you cook so well."

Remmy noticed he didn't have a plate in front of him and pushed hers to the middle. She got up and grabbed another fork and handed it to him before sitting down again. She watched him take a few bites and then cut up the steak. She unconsciously took a swig of her drink and let the bubbly bitterness slide over her tongue. It wasn't a bad taste, and she kinda liked it. The beer paired well with the meal. She took the first bite of steak she ever had and wanted to moan. The steak was juicy and full of flavor. It had a crispy outside and tender center.

Remmy lost herself in her senses once more and realized Aldric had slid the plate back over in front of her. "You don't want anymore? I feel bad for making you cook and then not feeding you."

"It's fine, you look like you're enjoying it more than I would." With that he gulped down his glass of beer and got up to clean the kitchen. It didn't take Remmy long to be done cleaning off her plate and finishing her glass. She got up and walked around to put her dishes in the sink and pitch in. It was bad enough she asked him to cook and then not feed him, but making him clean up by himself would have been too much.

Aldric was already washing and had the counters wiped down. Remmy started drying and putting the dishes away. On the last one Remmy threw the towel at Aldric for him to use to dry his hands.

"Thank you Aldric." Remmy could feel the beer making her light headed and being so close to Aldric made it worse.

Aldric dried off his hands and set the towel down. He had drank his beer a little too fast on an empty stomach and was feeling the effects. He walked over to her and cornered her against the counter. He slid one hand around the nape of her neck and the other at the small of her back and pushed close to her.

Remmy's heart felt like a thousand butterflies, tickling inside her chest. Her breath caught when Aldric had touched her and now she could feel his hard body against hers. She couldn't help herself not to touch him back. She placed one hand over his heart and the other around his neck. She rubbed her thumb under his ear and it was the undoing for him.

Aldric never meant for this to happen. It wasn't what he had in mind when he had sought her out today, but he couldn't stop himself now. He bent down and kissed her gently. Slowly opening his lips to pull her bottom lip in his mouth. She tasted so good to him, but when she let out a soft moan he knew he had to stop. He didn't want to push her or take advantage of her. He had caught the subtleties of her naivety with the opposite sex. He wasn't that kind of man. As much as he wanted her now, he wanted to protect her more.

Remmy was lost in the feeling of his tender lips and hard body pressing against hers. She felt she could spend days in this moment and it wouldn't be enough. She let out a sound she had never heard herself make. The tension in her belly wound so tight it felt like she was about to break. When he pulled away from her she wouldn't let him out of arms length. He intertwined their fingers and stood for a moment taking her in.

"I should go. I'll see you on Monday after school?"

Remmy didn't trust herself to speak so she nodded. He kissed her forehead and let his lips linger before he walked out of the door.