21

Remmy woke up in her own bed, slightly disoriented.  Her hair was a mess.  She looked in the mirror and decided she looked more like mufasa than medusa today.  She took a long shower and got dressed.  She went to the kitchen and found Mack had cleaned up their mess from last night.  She grabbed a banana and her school bag and headed to the library.

The library was closed on Sundays, but Aurora had given her a key long ago from when she worked there.  Remmy slipped inside and locked the door behind her.  She inhaled a deep breath and took in the wonderful scent of old books.  She opened her eyes and made her way to the table, sitting down to began on her studies.  She hadn't gotten through a whole homework assignment before Aurora appeared and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.  Remmy looked up and smiled at the face smiling back at her.

"I haven't seen you in a few days. I was wondering when you were going to show up."

Aurora stepped to the chair next to Remmy and sat.  "Ah but I have been seeing you.  You have made new friends.  I am very pleased with this as you must be."

"Yeah Lilly is pretty great if you don't mind her talking all the time."

"And what about the boy, of the instinctual allelomorph?"

Remmy had forgotten about him coming to the library.  He had only been there for a few minutes and didn't think Aurora had seen him at the time.  Remmy swallowed, she couldn't hide anything from Aurora. 

"I really like him and he really likes me.  I trained with him yesterday after work and he kept himself a gentleman."

Aurora took in those words and let them settle in her mind.  "He does have much control around you, but be careful.  The instinctual allelomorphs can read your desires through your eyes.  They can read those desires before being trained but sometimes can interpret them wrongly."

Remmy thought about this and filed the information away.  She would have to get Aldric to promise not to use his powers against her.  It was one of the reasons why different allelomorphs didn't procreate outside of their own. 

"Can we change allelomorphs Aurora?"

Aurora smiled.  "My dear, you are born what you are meant to be.  You don't need to change allelomorphs to love someone or to be with them.  And there is a way around the risk of procreation as well."

"Do you think Aldric would go for that?  I know it is way too early to be thinking about the long term, but I want to know if this can work out in the end."

"Remmy, dear, he already has.  If you want this, pursue it." 

Aurora stood and left Remmy to study and finish her homework.  Remmy didn't get much done. She found  it was too hard to pull her thoughts away from Aldric.  Fantasies of their possible future played over in her mind.  The pull of him was pure torture when he wasn't around.