34

Remmy grew more excited as the evening went by.  She had wrote down the recipe given to her by Aurora and went to a market to get fresh ingredients.  She came home and prepped for the evening.  Remmy had even gotten a recipe for dessert, but wasn't too sure if she was brave enough to try it.

Aurora had promised her that the recipe would turn out amazing and took little skill.  The dessert lacked such promise.  She took the drumsticks and dropped them in to slow cooker, poured a whole bottle of honey bar b que sauce in and set it to low.  She was quartering the red potatoes when Mack came home. 

He set his keys down and watched Remmy for a minute before he spoke.  "Smells good.  How much longer before I can eat?"

"WE will eat once Aldric gets here, and I have at least twenty minutes left before the potatoes are done."

Mack walked to the fridge and pulled out a beer and Remmy started in on the garlic.  "You an' that Aldric boy gettin' serious?"  Mack watched her, waiting for a reply.

Remmy didn't know how to answer.  It was serious, but it was personal too.  Remmy didn't know how much information she wanted to give Mack, but he would be seeing quite a bit of Aldric since his new rule.  Might as well be honest now and get it out in the open.

"Yes."

Mack waited for more but nothing came.  "How serious?  C'mon you can tell yer fairy godmother."

Remmy nearly cut her finger from laughter.  Once she calmed her giggles she set the knife down and turned her frame to him. 

"I love him Mack."

Mack swallowed hard.  He was at a loss for words.  Love was an amazing and tricky thing.  The harder you fall, the harder you can be hurt. 

"Damn girl, just, just be careful Okay?"

Remmy nodded and went back to cooking.  She turned the slow cooker up to high and placed the potatoes and garlic in a bowl.  Mack walked out of the kitchen in search of bertha and the remote to the tv.

Remmy coated the potatoes in oil and tossed it with her fingers.  She washed the oil off her hands and remembered rubbing oil on Aldric's nose, then the pay back she received.  It almost made her blush.  She finished cooking and made plates, deciding last minute to change.  She had gotten oil and sauce on her shirt and jeans.

She came back out to see Aldric sitting on the couch with a plate and beer.  Mack's plate was almost empty.

"Hey girl, this is pretty good." 

Remmy moved to sit on the couch, "Thanks Mack." 

Remmy took a bite and couldn't believe she could make something that tasted so delectable.  It didn't take long for her to get thirsty, and Aldric had a beer out for her as well.  She eyed it and turned to Aldric.  He grinned at her and continued to eat.  Mack hadn't said anything so she reached for it and took a swallow, setting it back down quickly.  Mack finished eating and set his plate down.

"I want ta give it ta ya both straight.  I don't wanna hear anythin, an' I don't wanna know what yer doin while yer alone."  Mack turned to Aldric and continued.  "My girl here cares uh good deal fer ya, but if ya break her heart, I will find you." 

Aldric choked down the food he had in his mouth.  "Yes sir."

Mack nodded to Remmy whose jaw had dropped and face had paled.

Mack set his plate in the kitchen sink and made his way to his room, "Night." 

Neither one of them spoke until after his door had shut.  Remmy was still in shock but managed to whisper out.  "I'm soo sorry.  I didn't know he was going to do that."

Aldric placed his hand just above her knee.  "Don't worry about it.  Just don't let me ever make him mad." 

Remmy nodded and they finished eating and put their dishes in the sink.  "Don't worry about the dishes, I can get them in the morning."

"You made dinner, let me do the dishes."

"If you want something to do, I can think of other things."  Remmy teased. 

Aldric shook his head.  "Help me do the dishes and then we can go to your room and discuss those other things?"