Chapter 15

Mia's POV

"Adam, wait!" I run towards Adam, who's stopped and turned around. He just walked out of the doctors, his face down. I run up to him and stare at his worried face.

"How is Dana?" I ask, out of breath.

"If things work, she'll have a fake leg. But-shes lost so much blood." Adam stutters, his face now filled with stress. He's scared, scares to lose his best friend, his sister.

"Hey, Dana is strong. She'll be good in no time," I say, trying to cheer him up. And it seems to work a little.

"Same with Archer." Is all he says, and with that he walks off.

I stand there, feeling stupid but devastated. Nobody has really mentioned Archer, I haven't even thought about him. Archer. Where is he? Not at the government, they wanted us to think they were still there, and they almost killed Dana. What are three doing to him? Is he-

Is he alive?

I feel sick, I feel so horrible. I pushed him down that hill, I spit out things I don't even mean. He was hurt. He hated me. The last feeling he had about me was hate, before whatever happened to him.

Archer. The boy that's always been there for me, is gone.

Gone. Dead or alive, he's gone. Not here, not with me. And it sucks. It sucks so bad. I've tried to fight it, tried to stay strong. But I can't, not without Archer by my side. I thought I was strong, but all this time it was him. It was Archer who made me feel strong. I miss him. I miss his bright blue eyes, that almost seem fake. I miss his stubbornness, his focused mindset.

God, I miss him so much.

"Mia?" I look over and see Casper, looking at me strangely. "Your crying."

I didn't even notice the tears falling down my cheeks. I feel embarrassed, almost. "Sorry, I don't even know why I am.."

"Because you're missing your other half."

I look up at Casper, who shrugs. "Everyone knows it. Even I do. No matter how much you and Archer hate me, I still look out for my best friend and his priorities."

I don't feel like lying. In fact, I feel weak. I feel done. I sink down into the grass and sob, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"He's dead-he's probably dead."

"You don't know that," Casper says, carefully sitting next to me.

"I know, I know he's dead. Or worse, still alive..." I pause, thinking about Evelyn, and what she's probably doing to him. "Evelyn is torturing him-shes, she's horrible, she hates Archer..."

"Doesn't Archer hate her too? If your talking about the Archer I know, he's strong. He's a fighter, Mia, you know that."

"He can't save himself anymore," I whisper, "not when the government has him like this."

"Mia-"

"Leave me alone!" I suddenly shout, startling Casper. I sigh and stand up. "Sorry, I just need a minute. I walk away, wiping the tears from my eyes. I head straight to the doctors room, right into Dana's room.

"Mia?"

I look over at the slumped figure laying on a bed. Dana is forcing a smile, although I see her wince. Blankets cover her leg, preventing me to see the injury that lies beneath.

"You have to be okay. Please," I say, kneeling down next to her and holding her hand.

"Is Archer dead?" Dana asks, confused. I shrug, more tears making my eyes sting. "He could be. Could not be."

"Why are you giving up?" She asks.

"Cause-cause there's no point in trying," I say quietly. Dana snorts. "Well don't tell me I'm trying to stay alive for nothing."

"Dana, I need you. Adam needs you-"

"Archer needs you. Please, don't give up. Please." Dana says. I slowly nod, trying to stay strong for her. She smiles and closes her eyes, falling into a deep sleep in minutes. I walk back to my room, sitting on my bed and staring at the wall.

Please keep everyone safe.

It seems impossible, that Archer could still be alive. But I can't believe he is dead, for some reason I just can't. Maybe he's still thinking about me, right now. Maybe he will forgive me, maybe things will go back to normal.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

He was hurt. He was mad at me. I was hurt. I was mad at him. It was dumb, all I wanted him to do is tell me what the government did to him. But he made it clear he didn't want to talk about it, and I ignored it.

I grab the alarm clock from the night stand and chuck it across the room. It slams into the wall with a crash, the pieces breaking apart. Oddly satisfying, I grab the lamp and chuck it too, watching the glass shatter.

That's what I did to Archer. I shattered him.

I feel sick, so sick I run to the bathroom to throw up, but there's nothing to let out. I haven't eaten, not at all. I haven't even slept, everything has been circling around in my mind, suffocating me. And I can't hold my breath anymore. Not without Archer here.

I love him.

I love him so much.

"I love you." It comes out quiet and raspy, but I know he heard it, wherever he is. But would he say it back? Does he still love me? I hope, I really hope he does, because I can't live without him. Nobody else has given up on him, I shouldn't either. Because I love Archer, I will never give up on him.

"I love you."

HEY! So this chapter was sooooooooo boring, sorry! I haven't posted in a while, and this is a filler chapter. Still please vote!

Thank you!