Chapter 14

Archer's POV

Numb. Everything in my body feels numb. My thoughts are cleared out, about everything that has happened. All the stress from the Alliance, all the worry from being caught, that has somehow cleared from my mind. Even my past, back at the dome, isn't occurring to me. There's only two things that are in mind, screaming at me.

Ashley is dead.

I must kill Evelyn.

I stare at Ashley's lifeless body, then at Evelyn, who's standing there with the gun still in her hand. It's been a few minutes since the bullet went through Ashley's forehead. I kneeled down and grabbed her hand, and sobbed nonstop. I payed no attention to Evelyn, who paid all her attention to me.

"W-why did you do that?" I sob, managing to let go of Ashley and look at Evelyn.

"You needed to learn your lesson. You cared." She explains.

It was then I ran up to the end on the cell and kicked it, causing a loud noise to make Evelyn jump. "You will not change me! You fucking monster!" I scream, so loud my throat burned. I kick the cell over and over, grunting loud every time, and causing Evelyn to step back.

"I...hate you!" I kick the bars so hard I lose my balance and stumble back, slamming my head into the wall hard. I cry out and sink to the floor, pulling on my cuffs. "I'm-I'm going to kill-you." I stutter, tears falling from my eyes. I feel blood running down my neck. "I'm going to kill you." Im now sobbing, not being able to take all of this. Ashley is dead, because of Evelyn, because of me.

"Archer."

"What?!" I scream, looking up at Evelyn. "What. What do you want from me?" I beg, covering my face with my hands. "I'm sick of it, I'm so sick of this. You wrecked my life, it's all you. You ruined it! What do-what do you want?"

I hear my cell opening, but I push myself to the corner, wishing I could just disappear. I close my eyes, forgetting for a quick second.

But then I feel a whip on my back.

I scream immediately, the pain all so familiar. And terrifying.

I try to get up, but Evelyn sends another whip to my back. I curse and cry out, struggling. Anything. I could take anything then another whipping. Whipping. Something I'm so afraid of. Something that has been entering my nightmares since the first time Evelyn has whipped me.

"STOP!" I scream after another whip. I can't breath, everything is such a blur. Why is she doing this to me?

"I think I missed this spot last time." I hear Evelyn, then feel another sharp aching sting on my back. I loosen up, feeling myself go unconscious. She stops, and I feel her un cuffing my hands.

"What do-do you want." I whisper, feelings Evelyn kneeling next to me.

"You," she says. "I want Archer. The one who is coldhearted. The one who hates people as much as you hate me. I want the Archer who fights, who is strong and dangerous. I want the Archer who doesn't care." Evelyn says, her hand resting on my back. "Where's that Archer? I know he's there. I know he's in there hiding, trying so hard to come out."

"No-"

"No what, Archer? There's nobody holding you back anymore. You were meant to be that way."

"You're a monster-"

"So are you. And I don't know how else to make you realize it," she says.

I quick glance over at Evelyn, realizing I have a chance. And I take it.

I jump up and push Evelyn out of the cell and into the wall. I wrap my hands around her throat. Her confident face fades immediately.

"You're right. I'm a monster. Because you made me one." I wrap my fingers tighter, making tears fall from her eyes. "Now I'm going to kill you, like you've been doing to me for so long. How do you like that?!" Her face now grows pale. "How do you like it now?"

Her hands wrap around my hands, trying to pry them off. But I feel stronger than ever. This feels good. I know it's wrong but it feels so good to see Evelyn like this...

Shit.

It feels so good to see Evelyn suffer. To not care about her life.

She's smiling, realizing I've gotten it all figured out. I let go, seeing the red marks on her neck. I feel so sick, so stupid.

"You almost killed me." She says, her voice hoarse. I shake my head no, but then she pushes me against the wall, wrapping her fingers over my throat. "You did this to me. And it felt good-"

"You do it then." I whisper, and Evelyn stares at me weirdly. "Kill me. Since you...since you're a real monster." She pauses, and I manage to smile. "You can't do it either. You can't kill me."

"Yes-"

"Then do it." I spit out, trying to fight for air. She tightens her grip a little more, but still allows some air for me to breath. I choke out a laugh. "You won't kill me. Are you scared? Do you care?"

"I don't care about you. I need you."

"I still won't change."

Evelyn only smiles. "You already did. In fact, you are the exact person I want you to be. And you are going to help me." She lets go of me and throws me back in my cell. My neck feels numb, so numb. I look back at Evelyn.

"I will kill you. Myself. I promise that to myself," I say. Evelyn just smiles. "And I'm going to kill you. I promise that to myself. May the best win?"

I nod, waiting for her to leave. But she opens my cell again and pulls out the whip. I grit my teeth and clench my fists.

I will kill Evelyn. Whatever it takes, I will.

And I feel the whip hit my back once more.

HELLOOOO!!

Sorry it takes so long to post chapters, school is starting 😭😭

But what are your thoughts?PLEASE COMMET AND VOTE!!
Thank you all ❤️