Chapter 3

The picture of the guy is what I think Casper looks like!

Archer's pov

I never was one to wimp out of things. Out of anything. Like a simple dare, or a dangerous task. I did whatever someone told me I couldn't do. I didn't like the feeling of saying that I couldn't do it, that made me feel weak.

Casper used that against me.

He knows I don't like the feeling of being weak, defeated. He's used that against me my whole life, and I was too stubborn to say no to whatever he taunted me with.

He stands in front of me, a smile on his face. He knows. He knows I'll fight him. Once he finds that nerve in me, I'll give in.

And he always finds it.

"We used to fight back at the dome, so why is now different?" He asks.

Mia is now out of the ring, staring at me nervously. We just fought at the ring a while ago, but that wasn't real. I wasn't really fighting, I was teaching. When Casper and I are in the ring, we fight. There's no pity, we simply fight until one of us backs out, says their done. We are pretty even fighters. Casper will win, then I will.

But it's been a while.

"I don't want to fight." I shrug, but all I hear is Casper laugh.

"You? Archer. Archer doesn't want to fight? What's happened to you, man? Alliance has got you all wimped out?"

Don't fall for it.

"I don't want to fight. What part of that don't you fucking understand?" I spit out, clenching my fists till my knuckles turn white.

"I don't understand how your saying that." He says.

"I can't waste my time with this," I say, and I head to the end of the ring, about to get out.

"Man, what did the government do to you?" I freeze at the word government. I look back up at him.

And he smiles. He found it. He fucking found it.

"What did they do?" He asks again. I hear Mia saying something, but my mind is focused on Casper.

"Did they make you feel...weak?" He asks, and then I lose it. I throw a punch at him, and he barely blocks it.

"Attaboy, Ar. Show me what you got." He says. He quick takes off his shirt, throwing it to the side. He's still been staying in good shape, you can easily tell by his toned body. He stares at me curiously.

"Too afraid to show it off? Or have you lost that six pack of yours?" He asks. I swing at him again, so quick and unexpected that I get his cheek, and he stammers back. I see him clench his jaw, clearly angry now. His face is all seriousness now, and he comes and swings at me, and I block it.

"You don't know me anymore." I say, trying to make a conversation with him instead of bloody beating each other up.

"Oh, I know you Archer. And you know that." He replies, swinging and kicking at the same time. I struggle as I block both, but his punch hits my collarbone, and I wince.

Casper does know me, and I know him. Hell, we were best friends. We shared a room back at the dome. And though Casper is rough, we were good together. We fed off of each other's personalities. Believe it or not, Casper was a nice guy. But he got that kindness from me.

And then I left him.

When I told him I was going to the Alliance, he went crazy. He could've gone with me, but he didn't. Instead he ran to get the mayor. He gave me no choice but to leave immediately. He said he wished I got caught. He hated me.

And now I hate him.

"Your the one who left me." He growls.

"I gave you a chance." I spit back, and I punch and get him right in the gut.

"Why can't you give me another one?" He asks, one of his hands clutching his stomach. I use the advantage to get him right in the jaw.

"I've changed since then, Casper. I'm not who you think I am anymore. I have more important things to deal with," I say.

"Like the government. Are you scared? Scared to get caught again?" He asks, and he comes at me, his arms swinging. He grabs my arm from defending and gets my temple. My vision grows blurry for a minute, but I kick his leg and he moves back.

"Guys, stop." I hear Mia plead. I glance at her quick, then find myself on the floor. My jaw aches, and I cry out, fighting the pain. I get up to my feet right away though.

"Your right, Ar. You did change." He swings at me again in the stomach, and I hunch over. "You've gotten weak." He hisses.

"Stop." I scowl, raising my hands back up again.

"Something is wrong with you, and I can't help but think it's the government that did it." He catches me off guard and he slams his strong body into mine, knocking me over. I lay on my back, and he kneels down and presses his hands on my shoulders, his knee pushed onto my stomach.

"Tell me.." He begins, observing me. "What did they do to you?" I gasp for air, trying to push him off me. Buts he's got me pinned. And I do what he wants me to do. Think about the government. The cell, Tom, Melissa, Evelyn, the circle mirror, the beatings, the whipping.

"Get off." I gasp, closing my eyes tight.

"They wrecked you. Your all frozen up just thinking about it." He says. I manage to look up at him, and I see a smirk appear on his lips.

He's making me feel weak.

Just like the government did.

And I can't take it.

Hot tears spill from my eyes in an instant, and Casper looks down at me, stunned. He didn't expect this, to actually push me to my breaking point. I don't think he's ever seen me cry. He lets go immediately when I let out a sob.

"Archer." I hear Mia say softly, but I get up, staring at Casper with tear packed eyes.

"Don't you dare.." I choke on my tears. "Bring up the damn government again. Besides you have no idea. No fucking idea."

"I'm sorr.."

I run up and punch his temple, and he hits the ground in a split second. I walk out of the ring, not even glancing back at him. Mia tries to grab my arm, but I shake it off, and keep walking.

I wipe my tears, trying to shake it all off. But theres no way I'll be able to shake the government off. I'll never forget what they did to me.

Casper is right. They wrecked me.

Hello!!💜

Archer's POV this time 😄

Do you guys like it in his POV?? There will probably be a lot more of Archer's POV in this book than In book 1. And what did you think about that fight????? Please vote and comment!!!!!👍💕

Thank you!!!!!!!