Chapter 2

"I think we will be great roommates."

I smile at Dana as she unpacks her stuff, and puts the sheets back on her bed. Dave said its getting so busy we are now having two people per room, so Dana joined me in my room, and Adam in Archers. I don't mind, though. All of us seem to share rooms anyway.

We head out for breakfast, and the tables are almost filled. I watch as groups of girls stand together, with groups of boys on the other side. Funny, how much their natural instinct is to stay away from each other. It just shows how messed up the government has got us.

We spend the day taking out and putting in beds for each room. It's actually hard work, and I decide to take a break. I see a group of girls sitting at a table. I walk up to them and they smile, and I sit at the end, not quite in their conversation, but I'm close enough to eavesdrop.

"Honesty this is so weird just seeing males walk around." I look at the blonde, who's sitting on the table, looking out.

"Some are hot." A brunette says, a smile on her face as she looks at all her friends.

"Like the guy on tv. Archer."

They all nod their heads in agreement, some humming and other saying yes.

"If I saw a picture of him in a history book I'd be here a long time ago." The blonde says, and they all laugh. I can't help but smile at that. I don't think they recognize me, or looked at me long enough too.

"Oh my god, there he is."

I look up and see Archer walking towards the table. They panic as he walks towards us, but his eyes are fixed on me, like he doesn't even see the other girls at the table. I stand up, and all their eyes fall on me as he stops in front of me, grabbing my arm.

"Come on." He says.

"Where are we going?" I ask, still feeling the girls eyes on us.

He doesn't reply, but let's go of my arm and keeps walking.

"You do realize all those girls were staring at you, right?"

"What?" He asks, and I can't help but laugh at his confused face. "The girls at the table. They were all looking at you."

He turns around, as do I, and the girls are still looking. Archer waves, and I quick hit his hand down. "What are you doing?" I hiss.

"Waving at them. You said they..."

"That doesn't mean you turn around and wave! Do you know how obvious that looks?" I spit out.

"You wanna fight?" I stop in my tracks, utterly confused at his words. He looks at me, waiting for an answer.

"Wh-what?" I manage to say.

"Do you want to fight?" He says again, like his question is not weird.

"I'm not going to fight you just because you waved..."

"It's not about that." He says, like its obvious.

"Archer, you are freakin' confusing me and it's not funny."

"Mia, it's freakin' funny." He replies, and he continues to walk, all the way to the weight room.

"I honestly don't even know why I'm still following you..." The ring in front of me distracts me. A boxing ring.

Oh.

"They just put this in," Archer says.

"Have you ever done this before?" I ask.

Archer shrugs. "Back at my dome they had one, we used it once in a while, just for fun."

"We." I say quietly, already knowing who it is.

"Casper and me, yeah." He says. "You?"

I let out a puff of air. "God no. Believe it or not, but we didn't even have one. More of a guy thing, I think."

"Or they just wanted you to think that," he says. I shrug. "I can try it."

"Do it! Fight!" I turn around and see Adam and Dana standing behind us. Everyone in the room is looking now. I look at Archer, who shrugs. "I'll take it easy on you." He says, and that's enough to make me get up on the ring. I take off my sweatshirt that I put on before I went and took that break, a workout tank top underneath. Archer gets in the ring and raises his eyebrows. "Getting pretty into it, huh?"

"How about you?" I ask, and he grabs his shirt with his hands.

"Nah." He says. "Raise your hands up, that's your only defense."

I do, awkwardly putting them into fists. "So, we just punch each other?" I say, and he laughs a little. "Basically. Just pretend I'm someone you hate." He says, his hands raised up now too.

"The government." I say, and he nods. "And what do you want to do to the government?"

I'm riled up now, just thinking about the government.

I want to kick their ass.

I quick run up to Archer and swing my fist, but he blocks it easily with his arm. Irritated, I lift my leg up to kick him, but he grabs my foot easily. I struggle to keep balance.

"Never kick if my hands are free," he says, and he lets go. He's taking it easy on me, he could've twisted my leg and brought me to the floor if he wanted to.

"Block it." I hear him say, and I raise my arm when he swings at me. "Ha!" I say happily, but then I feel a hit right to my cheek, and I stumble back.

"Oh shit, sorry." I hear Archer mumble. It wasn't a hard punch, I know Archer can throw a punch that could possibly kill someone. I go at him again, and he blocks my punch. I send one to his stomach, and one of his hands are occupied blocking it. I then kick his side, and he grunts and backs away a little. He looks up at me. "That was pretty darn good."

He then throws another punch, and when I block it, he kicks me in the stomach, and I fall from the impact. I wait till he gets closer, and I swing my legs, planning on tripping him, but he takes a quick step back. I grunt, irritated.

"Best thing is to get up as fast you can, not fight when your still on the ground." He says.

"How do you know these things?" I ask, standing up.

"Cause I taught him how." I gasp at the voice, and I look down and see Casper, leaning on the ring. Archer sighs, clearly annoyed.

"Oh come on Ar, you know it's true." Casper says simply. He stands up straight, stretching his arms. "Look, I know you hate me, and you want to kick my ass." He looks up at Archer, who is glaring at him.

"How bout it Ar?" He stands up in the ring, and I push myself aside, away from them. Casper smiles at Archer cooly.

"Enough trash talk between us. Let's fight."

Hey everyone!!!

So chapter two is up! Sorry it's really boring right now, but I need some filler chapters before the good stuff😊👍

But how do you like Casper so far? What are your overall thoughts on this story so far? Please vote and comment!!'

Thank you 😄