Chapter 8

Archer's POV

"And..I don't want to hang around with someone like that. Ever." I spit out, anger running through my veins. Although the look on Mia's face tells me she's just as angry. She walks up, but she's a good few inches short than I. Doesn't stop her, though.

"Oh? You don't want to be with me? The one person in this whole world that actually cares for you?" She shouts.

"But do you? Honesty?" I ask.

"Well, if I didn't you'd have no one. Somebody has to!" Her face is red now as she shouts.

"Nobody has to! Not one god damn person has to care!" I yell back, and she takes a small step back. I take a step forward. "Maybe you need someone to say that they care about you, but I sure as hell don't. Because I don't give a shit if anyone cares."

"Your horrible." She says quietly, her brown eyes wet with tears. "I risked my life for you, so many times. And you-you don't even care." She says, tears now streaming down her eyes.

Damn, I hate seeing her cry.

"Yes I do ca-"

"No! You don't!" Mia spits out. "Maybe you should just leave! If nobody even cares about you anyway!"

"Mia..."

"Oh shut up." I've never seen Mia so angry like this. Did she just tell me to leave? I stand there, frozen for a bit. Mia gets angrier by the second.

"Get out of my face." She finally says, wiping her tears. I wipe my sweaty palms on my shirt, unsure of what to do.

"I said get out of my face!" Mia gives me no time to react as she quick runs towards me and pushes me, her hands right on my chest. I stumble back, with my luck, there's a hill right behind me. I fall back, my back slamming into the ground first, then my stomach. I tumble for a second, then find myself on the bottom of the hill. I look up, not seeing Mia anymore.

My elbows are skinned, and my neck aches. I don't like being pushed around, Mia knows that.

But that wasn't Mia back there.

She was unbelievably mad, I've never seen her that way before. She knows how to keep her calm. She's the one who usually calms me down. Mia is also the one who would say sorry after pushing me down a hill, no matter how mad she was.

She hates me. Truly, with all her gut, hates me.

And I hate myself for it.

I stand up, wiping the grass off my body. It actually hurt a little, falling right down a hill. Mia doesn't understand, that I don't want to tell her. And it's not just about the government, it was about what happened a few days ago. I didn't think it was safe to tell Mia about Evelyn. That man kept shushing me, and I can't help but think it was him saying to not telling anyone what happened.

But Mia doesn't know. She doesn't understand and I just wish she could. She won't, she'll never understand why I'm not telling her anything. And it hurts.

"Shh."

My eyes grow wide, and I feel a hand clamped over my mouth and another wrapped around my stomach. I'm lifted up, my feet dangling in the air. I kick and scream, my eyes only seeing the blue sky and tree lines above. I grasp the large arm, digging my nails into the forearm, causing the man to curse under his breath. He walks a good distance, but the longer he walks the more frantic I get. I manage to kick him a few times, biting his hand and punching his side. I then feel myself being lifted higher, and then my body slams into the ground. My chin slaps the ground first, and I let out a cry. My jaw aches immediately, and my whole body goes numb from the impact. I feel the mans shoe on my back, pushing me even further to the ground. My rib starts to hurt, the same one Abby cracked.

"It's just too easy."

"N-no." I whisper at the voice. I shut my eyes tight, never wanting to see her sick smile ever again.

"At least you put up a good fight. That's always entertaining."

No. This isn't happening. It's all fake, it's not happening.

"I've got to say, I did miss your witty comments. Got any now?" I hear Evelyn kneeling down, but I keep my eyes shut so tight I see designs. My whole body is hurting, every breath I take is a challenge.

"Too bad Mia isn't here. I heard your little fight back there. I'm proud of you, for not telling. You can actually listen to orders, that I did not think would ever happen."

Tears fall from my eyes, but they are covered by sweat. My heavy breathing never goes away.

"W-what do you want." I say, finally finding the courage to open my eyes. Evelyn is closer than I thought.

"You. But you already knew that. And this time, I'm not letting you go," Evelyn says. I put my hands beneath my shoulders, and I try to push myself up. Although the man seems to put all his weight on me, and I let go, grunting as I hit the ground again.

"Okay, then kill me. Cause I know that's what you want." I say, my voice muffled with my face pushed to the ground.

"Oh, I was going to do that, for sure. But, change of plans." Evelyn says. I feel the man grabbing my hands, tying them behind my back. He puts his weight off me, but Evelyn grabs a fistful of my hair, dragging me to my feet. I stumble behind her, my scalp on fire. But I manage to kick her leg, and she almost falls.

"Apparently there's only one way you'll cooperate," Evelyn says. The man grips my shoulders while she pulls out a needle.

"That's new." I spit out, still trying to free from the mans grip.

"Funny. Hold still now," Evelyn holds my chin, pulling my face upwards. I feel the needle go into my neck, a sharp sting following along with it. I immediate collapse, leaning on Evelyn until she pushes me to the ground.

"See you in a few hours." Evelyn pats my shoulder, and I pass out right after.

HEYO!!

So, thoughts on the chapter and whats to come? Please comment and vote!!!

Thanks😊