Chapter 18

Archer's POV

*PS: there's a lotta swear words in this chapter, sorry but I felt like it was needed*

"Shit my head hurts," I groan, slapping my forehead with my hand.

"Maybe if you'd stop cussing and yelling you wouldn't have it." A nurse says, pricking my finger.

"Don't fucking touch me," I snap, glaring at the middle aged women.

"Hey Archer, relax." Dave says, eyeing me. I sigh, looking at the ceiling. I feel another shot go in my arm.

"They already did that, I'm so done with these fucking shots!" I try to stand, but strong arms slam me back down. "Hey!" I scream, struggling. "Let me go! Don't touch me!"

"Wait- they gave you a shot?" Dave asks. The doctors let me go.

"They took blood." I mumble, ripping off the bandaid the nurse just put on me.

"Why?"

"Just some tests." I shrug, "they didn't say. Now can I go?"

"Archer, they still have to check other stuff." Dave says. I sigh of frustration. "Dammit, I just want to go to my room. I'm fine-"

"You are not fine." The nurse says.

"You can go fuck yourself."

"Archer, quit it!" Dave shouts, glaring at me. I glare right back. "She's bothering me!"

"You're bothering us just as much."

"Then maybe you should let me leave!" I say. I see the nurse about to speak. "Oh, you don't have a fucking say in this, don't even start-"

"Dammit Archer!" I feel Dave's rough arms gripping me, lifting me off my seat. "You gonna kill me?" I ask, "they already killed my sister, they already killed me!" I kick him in the thigh, and when he lets go of me I fall hard on the cement floor. "Shit, why didn't I die?" I roll myself up in a ball, covering my face with my hands. "I can't. Why? Why didn't they fucking kill me?!"

"Archer-"

"I'm so tired." I cry, feeling pairs of arms lift me up. I keep my face covered as we walk, all the way outside and into my room. They lay me on my bed. "I can't sleep."

"Archer, you're tired-"

"I cant-I can't..." I stutter, "no, I won't."

"Archer."

"What?!" I scream as the needle goes into my arm. I cry out. "No, you can't-this isn't fair. I can't sleep!" I say.

I can't sleep. God knows what my nightmares will be.

"N-no. Shit, shit. I can't-" my eyes close. No. Stay awake. I can't take the dreams, I can't fight them off.

"Get some sleep." Dave says.

Get some nightmares.

***

"STOP!"

I jerk awake, hands clenched onto my pants, heart beating fast. I grab my hair and pull my face down, watching the tears fall down.

I hate sleeping.

I hate nightmares.

They consume me, literally. It takes my body down, drowning it with fear and reality.

I get pulled into the deep end and stay there, letting my thoughts kill me.

There's a knock on the door, then Dave, Tessa, and the doctors come in. Tessa comes up immediately and hugs me while I sit still. She lets go and cups my face.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she says.

I'm not okay. And she can tell by the tears falling from my face. She looks at me worriedly and let's me go.

"Can we do some tests now?" Dave asks, and I shrug while nodding my head. The doctors quickly start, feeling my heartbeat and checking for any injuries.

Why did Evelyn simply let me go?

That's the question that's been in my mind. Her number one goal was to kill me, I thought. Now I have no freakin clue what her plans are.

But she killed Ashley right in front of me. There's no way I'm going to let that slide.

"She killed my sister." I say, zoned out staring at the floor.

"I heard." Dave says softly.

"She shot her right in front of me."

"I'm sorry."

"That doesn't do shit. Saying sorry. I'm the only one who should be sorry," I whisper, more tears falling.

"I know you are. And I'm sorry you had to go through all this." Dave says. "May I ask how you got captured?"

"Mia pushed me down a hill. She was right there waiting." I say.

Mia. Mia did this.

"She-"

"Evelyn. Are you done yet?" I ask, looking at the doctors.

"Looks like a previous rib injury. Other than that, severe weight lose, bruises, body worn out." A doctor says.

"Rib injury?" Dave asks, looking at me.

I shrug, "Abby was there."

"I think you just need some more rest-"

"No!" I blurt out, cutting Tessa off. "No, I can't sleep. You can't make me sleep again. Please." I beg, getting out of bed.

"Okay, okay. But, at least lay down, relax. Got it?" Dave asks.

I nod while managing a smile. I get back into bed while they all leave, and when they do I get out of bed. I look out the window, seeing familiar faces.

Mia. Adam. Casper. Lydia. I see them all sitting together eating. Dana isn't there, and I hope she's okay.

They are fine without me. They really are. Maybe they didn't even want me back.

Maybe it's not even worth it.

I step away from the window, bumping into the nightstand. The alarm clock catches my attention, and I pick it up and throw it across the room. I watch as it slams into the wall and crumples in pieces. Like me.

A crumpled piece of shit.

"That's me." I say. It doesn't bother me, saying that kind of stuff to myself. Because I know me more than anyone here. Nobody knows me.

Mia doesn't know me. Not anymore.

She hates me. I'm just another burden she has to carry, just another problem. But little does she know I'm done with her too. I can't see her the same way, it just won't happen.

Nothing will be the same.

***

I hear a quiet knock on the door as I lay in bed. Adams head peeks in the door.

"Can I come in? Just here for my bed." He says.

I shrug. "As long as you don't tal-"

"I don't wanna talk. Just wanna sleep." He says, and I nod. Adam smiles a little.

"I know how much you missed my snoring." 

"Very much." I say sarcastically, and he laughs a little as he changes and gets into bed.

"Night, man." He says, facing away. I smile a little. Something about how Adam is acting right now makes me feel normal. Like nothing has changed. I like that.

"Night, Adam."

HELLO!!!!

FINALLY A CHAPTER!!!!

Sorry again for the wait, I'm trying. BUT WILL YALL PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT THAT MEANS SOOO MUCH! I also like to know who's reading my story, I think it's cool to know!

Thank you! 👍