Chapter 7

Mia's POV

"Why are you so good at this." Casper complains as I get another bullseye. I hold the gun firmly in my hand.

"Cause I practice and don't complain like some people." I turn my glance to him, and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm good at everything I do." Casper hisses, and he shoots, hitting the target, but not getting a bullseye.

I look at Casper, realizing that him and Archer look pretty similar. Casper's eyes aren't blue, but still a distinct green. They both have thick dark hair, although Archer's is more brown. They both are have sharp jaw lines, and heart shaped lips. I wouldn't be surprised if they would've been brothers. Both well built, although Casper looks imitating with his strong body, and he's probably a good two inches taller than Archer. It's not just the looks, but the personalities too. Both a little rough, only giving pity when it's needed. I can see where Archer got his roughness, and where Casper got his wittiness.

Maybe Tami and I were like that.

I almost let out a laugh. No, Tami and I weren't alike, we weren't the perfect match like Archer and Casper.

But maybe Archer and Casper aren't the right match either.

"It's been two days. I should probably go see Archer," I say, and Casper looks at me.

"You should see him before I do." He says. I leave Casper to practice shooting while I head to Archer's room. I wanted to give him time, so then maybe I could ask him more questions.

I knock on his door, and it opens immediately. Archer stands there, his arm casually holding the door. He smiles bright when he sees me, those bright blue eyes slowly coming back, only a little pink in them now.

"Mia, hi." He says, and I head in, Archer moving out of the way.

"No, wait. Can we go outside? I'm getting sick of it in here." He says, and we walk outside and to a table close to the fence.

"So, how are your eyes?" I ask, and Archer keeps his smile on me.

"Fine. I'm just taking some drops," he says.

"Well, they look better."

I'm almost confused why Archer is staring at me so intensely with a huge smile on his face. I look at him, raising my eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing." He says, his dimples noticeable as he smiles even bigger.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask.

He hums and laughs through his nose, making me smile back. "Tell me! What is it? If your laughing because there's something on my face, same goes to you. You have freakin' pink eyes."

"I'm kind of liking it. What do you think?" He blinks a few times, the smile never ceasing.

"Oh my god Archer, honestly, why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Because." He begins. I watch in fascination as his face grows a little red.

"I'm no expert on love. Hell, probably the farthest from it. But...I think, I think I'm in love with you."

Now my face is red. So red it actually burns. I watch him carefully, making sure he actually knows what he just said. I think back, remembering talking to Lydia. She's always been the one that said this about Archer and I. I didn't quite understand it, but I always thought of us as allies.

But even Archer is aware that we're not just allies anymore.

I learned about love in history. A male and female. Together. They did something, to show their love. Lips to lips.

They kissed.

"Shit Mia, your making it awkward. Should I just walk away or.." Archer is puzzled now, but I keep my eyes on his lips. He notices, but doesn't react. I lean in slowly, but he's now leaning in too.

And then I feel his lips on mine.

Warm and soft, that's what his lips were like. I felt his hot breath in my face, but it's like I barely even care. I put my hand on the back of his neck without even realizing it. But his hand is grabbing my waist, softly.

A kiss.

It's wonderful.

We both release at the same time, and I get a good look at his face while I'm still close to him. His blue eyes wonder across my face as well.

"Your lucky I passed history with a B." Archer says, finally breaking the silence.

I smile, studying his face, his lips. I don't know all that much about love, and other stuff that goes along with it. But I realized something when I stared at his lips.

I wanted more.

***

We sat on top of the hill after that, feeling awkward at first. Man, he totally distracted me on what I was trying to do.

"So, you never told me what happened in the woods.."

"God Mia, seriously?" He sighs, and I look at him, confused.

"I'm just asking. I remember you saying about some female you saw?"

"It was nothing. Just a male." Archer mumbles.

"You told me you saw a female. I know you did."

"And you also knew that I was sprayed in the eyes. I just..I just thought I saw two shadows. It was only one." He said.

"No, don't you dare." I spit out, standing up. "Don't you lie. I don't want you to lie to me." Archer looks up, not saying anything. I clench my fists in irritation.

"You've got to be kidding me. Your, once again, not telling me everything. What's the problem with me, huh? Why can't you trust me? I'm the one person you should be wanting to tell. I can understand, if you'd just tell me..." I pause as Archer stands up, and I feel small next to his built figure.

"All you do is make it all worse! Your making it worse right now. It seems like all you want to do is talk about whatever the hell I don't choose to tell you. For good reasons I don't tell you, Mia. That's all you do! Whenever you are with me, you chew me out, asking and asking..." He digs his hand through his hair, his mouth twitching. He's angry, it's clear. So angry it actually frightens me a bit.

"And..I don't want to hang around with someone like that. Ever."

Heyy!!!

Sorry the chapter just kind of ended, just like that. But it'll pick up from right there next chapter!!

So, thoughts on all the characters so far? Please comment and also vote!!!!!!!!

Thanks!