Chapter One

Author's Notes:

Welcome into an epic journey in a world of dragons!

You may check out the trailer on the multimedia section of the story to get an idea on how the world is set in this story. I know the first few chapters are kinda rough, but I will get back to editing. Should you notice any mistakes, feel free to let me know:D

I rest assure you, this journey will not be one to disappoint:D Sit back, relax and enjoy:D

Your's Truly,

M. N. Leuca~<3

Start

"Can I eat it?" asked a little red-headed boy no older than the age of six.

"Of course not, my child," an older bearded man chuckled solemnly, a melody so familiar to the child that his anxiety left as quickly as it came.

Both stood before a wooden table with a lone giant rocky egg sitting inanimately on a nest of twigs and hay. The little boy, who was only tall enough to have his eyes slightly peek over the table, loosened the grip of his father's hand as he took a brave step forward.

The old man smiled slightly and scratched his belly as he reminisced his first encounter to such, "What you see there is no ordinary egg,"

"Was it from a very big chicken?" He asked, gripping the edge of the table as he balanced on the tips of his toes to get a better view.

"Heavens, no," he bursted laughing, flames on the fire place slightly swayed in sync, startling the young boy into running back to his father and hide behind him.

"Do you remember the stories I've told you at bedtime?"

The slight shuffle on his clothes was his son nodding against his father's clothes.

"This here, my boy," he began, "is a--"

The child gasped as his eyes widened in realization, he quickly finished his father's sentence, "Dragon egg,"

"And in due time, he will be yours," he said.

"When is due time?" The little boy whipped his head to his father to catch a better glimpse of his face.

"When you're ready, my child,"

"But I am ready," he retorted, the excitement in his eyes reflected how much he wanted to grab the delicate object sitting in the middle of the table.

"You have so much to learn, son," his eyes crinkled warmly with his smile stretching his beard almost far enough to shroud his face. "So very much,"

X

"Dragons, unlike horses, are an elite noble steed that can fight along side of you, those entitled to one are immediately regarded very highly."

"Only Royal blood and the so-called Ancient blood are the selected few that were given the privilege to be granted the opportunity to deliver a young dragon out from its shell and into the world,"

"Should the egg hatch before your touch, the souls of both the dragon and the chosen will then be intertwined as one and you shall be entitled a Dragoneer,"

A snooty-looking professor whipped his teaching stick against the black board with a crisp thwack, snaring the attention of the class instantly.

Eight selected teens, each carefully chosen by their respective Kingdoms, straightened their backs like the trained soldiers they were. All of which shared the same sense of uniform traits: stoic, sharp and lean.