Chapter Seven

At the moment of contact, Scott stood still with every muscle in his body growing tense by the minute.

Effortlessly, Drostan maintained his ground as he block an overhead strike from Scott's sword. The blonde smirked before languidly pushing the redhead back with a flick of his wrist.

Sidestepping, Drostan wheeled his sword over his head throwing Scott off guard the moment his sword slipped from his fingers. Standing triumphantly before him, he raised his sword to point at Scott, "get up," he said lightly, "we're not done yet,"

Annoyed, Scott scrambled for his sword and tried for a horizontal swipe to aim for his side. Blocking Scott's attempt, he gracefully wheeled around once more sending the redhead's sword flying away from his hand.

A steady string of curses flooded out of Scott's mouth as he retrieved his sword only to charge back to him with a frustrated battle cry.

"Now we shall see how well you block," Drostan announced before easily landing in a stance that allowed the tip of his sword to press against Scott's chest.

The blonde narrowed his eyes and hummed thoughtfully, "you draw your power from your weight. Try keeping your elbows closer together and knees slightly bent," he instructed, "just try blocking the following blows--calm down boy, this is just training, nothing personal," he said nonchalantly.

Scott spat near by Drostan's feet as he breathed heavily, "I don't take orders from people who don't know how to give respect to others,"

"Ooh," Drostan crooned as he narrowed his eyes, "that's it, put a little back to it,"

Tapping the wooden blade away against his chest, Scott began experimenting with barbarically stabbing at Drostan who easily side-stepped each blow.

"Doing that could have sliced your heart open," he remarked, "next time learn to step back when you do that,"

"Silence!" Scott bellowed, growing agitated with the fact that every slice and jab he did all went to waste as Drostan danced away.

"I'm teaching you the proper way, jeez," Drostan sighed before finally retaliating his blows a little slower to give Scott the chance to block them.

When the redhead could feel himself actually blocking blows and having the Dragoneer tap his attacks away, a new sense of confidence steadily grew in him.

"That's right, always tuck your elbows close," Drostan remarked.

The longer they exchanged blows, Drostan went for different ways of fighting. A lot required footwork as he pushed Scott further and further to his limit. They went on, never taking a second to rest like what the others did. Slower than a slug, the sun crawled across the sky until it tainted the clouds pink over the distance.

Just then, the redhead broke his momentum the instant Drostan circumvented from a jabbing attempt, swiveled around and elbowed Scott right in the middle of his back.

As a result, he fell front first flat to the ground feeling Drostan digging the tip of his wooden blade against the back of his neck.

"Now that I can dismiss you guys," Drostan mused as he lifted Scott off the ground from the scruff of his uniform, "why don't we all grab a meal together!"

"We're not done yet," Scott growled as he swung his sword at his instructor, the man simply tapped away the wooden weapon as it fell to the ground.

"Yes we are," said Drostan with a more cheerful tone compared to his dignified one during class, "I'm the instructor, I have the power to say when we're over,"