Chapter Two

Harshly pressed against a spiky reptilian back, Scott could barely push himself off the Dragon from the way it continued to escalate higher and higher into the sky with such breakneck speed. He couldn't do anything else for a while but suffer the body-numbing effect of the Dragon's impeccable speed as he scraped his throat raw from screaming incessantly.

"Happy thoughts!" Scott screamed to himself the moment the Dragon slowed down slightly, "think of happy thoughts!" He wailed the moment he saw how dangerously high he was above the ground, “oh screw this!”

The beast slowly began diving back first. Spectators both aerial and land bound awed at the spectacular stunt, caring less for the squealing Scott. It was something he could feel all Dragoneer’s would laugh at as they all probably reminisced how they did in their exams back in their days, but little would the audience understand the weight of how one splendid creature’s weight can become a dangerous weapon. Scott could care less as he shrieked like a little girl entirely not enjoying his deadly flight with this dragon; he could feel his innards seeping through his skin as they were left behind in mid-air, or so he’d like to believe.

"I'm on a dragon!" He reminded himself as his cheek bit into a sharp scale, "this was what I've always wanted! And it hates me!"

The dragon growled slightly before it flapped its wings once, propelling them faster to the ground as if agreeing what the redhead was telling to himself.

"I mean it loves me dearly so!" He insisted more to himself than to the dragon as he began a mental duel with his consciousness to remain awake. Now was not a good time to pass out. The Dragon rolled mid-air just meters away from the ground before it began another dangerous ascent into the skies, the redhead could feel a mind-splitting pressure build into his ears making him grow deaf by the second and his head throb in dullness.

Fighting against the gravity pull may be difficult at first, but eventually he got used to the speed as he forced his stomach to toughen up a little more. Every drop the dragon made he used this as an advantage to hastily scramble his way to the crook of the dragon's neck, completely ignoring the deep cuts he earned from its unruly scales and spikes in the process of doing so.

The moment he sat down, he had absolutely no idea what to do at first because the dragon began writhing wildly in mid-flight; this was enough to release the painful pressure from his ears and lessen his lightheadedness fully granting him entire access to all his necessary senses.

"Stupid horns," he muttered as he began fumbling for its false horns located near the base of the dragon’s neck. It took another round of dips and turns before he finally found what he was looking for, and when he did he gave one strong tug. And like magic the Dragon--though wheeled confusingly in the air a bit--slowed down.

Roaring in protest, it spat jets of flames here and there, dissipating sheets of mist that could possibly be clouds.

"Easy there," cooed Scott, "I won't hurt you,"

The dragon mildly shook its head, snorting slightly before it began trusting his words.

"Good boy," Scott added, beginning to rub the thin part of the dragon's neck. It hissed threateningly before he felt a soft rumble reverberate under him. The longer he took his time rubbing the dragon, the wider his grin grew as it ever so slowly began stretching from ear to ear. The bizarre sensation of acknowledging where he was now was too much to handle as they continued bubbling throughout him from the depth of his insides out towards his head: He was on a dragon, controlling it like a Dragoneer.

"You know, you're the first dragon I've ever ridden," he told the beast, not sure if it would understand him but the need to tell someone was greater than his logic at the moment, "I'm honored to be honest,"