Epilogue

A boy sat and waited inside the tree. The smell of wet grass that overwhelmed him at first eventually faded out as he grew accustomed to it.

Crickets chirped into the evening in different notes and rhythms as they distracted him from sleep. He did not know how long he had been waiting but he had been doing so obediently like his big brother told him.

How long had he been sitting here? Minutes? Hours? Forever? It must have been long enough because he could no longer feel his feet for it was beginning to feel fuzzy. Though he wanted to readjust himself, he couldn’t because there was only so much space for him to hug himself. He tried to sit upright only to whimper when he felt crumbs fall through his collar and bite into his back.

Shuddering he began panicking. It felt very uncomfortable and itchy and he needed to get rid of the disturbing feeling. But how? The more he squirmed in the confined space, more dirt fell on him. He paused when something wet slapped against his neck. Swallowing, he gently pried it away from his skin whimpering at the slimy feeling. Because it was dark, a child’s imagination can be quite dangerous. It wiggled against his neck as it clung on tighter, he could feel the sensation crawling against his skin. He began slapping his neck, desperately trying to brush it off.

And when it still couldn’t come off--

“Gah!” he screamed pushing his way out of the tree, earning a few scratches as he did so. He wiggled his way through the tight opening and stumbled out into the dark forest. Legs that were cramped and unused for a long period of time wobbled and gave way. Scrambling away from the tree on all fours he never stopped screaming until his back pressed against something solid.

“Little boy,” a man’s voice boomed, startling the child.

Forgetting the worm on his neck, the boy had gone pale. The voice did not belong to either his father or his brother, he stared at the tree hole wishing he hadn’t come out.

“Calm down, I’m not here to hurt you,” the man said.

The boy hastily began crawling away from the stranger, his legs and feet began tingling in pain from sitting too long.

“Come with me, it’s not safe out here,”

When the child finally looked at him, he was a tall, lanky man with an angular beard that made his chin look longer. He was dressed in simple brown clothes and his head was bald and shiny.

“Papa told me not to talk to strangers,” he told him nervously, his wide eyes gathered as much as he could to remember where his brother might have gone to. But the forest was just too dark for anything to look familiar.

“Your Papa is a very wise man,” the bald man smiled, “very well, you can call me Uncle Man,”

The child giggled amidst his fear, the name was too funny. “That’s not a real name, silly,”

The bald man chuckled gently, kneeling down on one knee so that he levelled with the boy. Warily, he scrambled further away from him by a few inches.

“But that is my name,” Uncle Man insisted, “at least I’m a stranger no more than you are to me,”

The child scratched his neck where the slimy worm latched on to him. It had suddenly grown very itchy and for some reason, he had gone quite tired.

“What’s your name,” Uncle Man asked kindly.

“Grey…” the boy yawned barely finishing his name, “...sco...,”

“Seems like you’ve been bitten by a creepy crawler,” Uncle Man pursed his lips, his face changed. Though it was still kind, Grey knew there was something wrong. “Listen to me Grey, I can help you but you need to come with me,”

“But my brother told me…” Grey yawned heartily once more, “...to wait for him…”

“I promise you, you will see him again soon,” Uncle Man moved to lift Grey up.

The boy was too tired to protest and he can already feel sleep clinging on to him by every breath he took, “promise?”

Before he can hear Uncle Man’s response, he had already fallen unconscious.

-END-

A/N: And there you have it! The very last installment for this Novel!! XD
I can now deem this complete! You may have noticed a lot of plot holes and clues and so much mystery, this is because I have carefully planned out what is to happen nextXD

I really had lots of fun writing this NovelXD And the journey was even more fun to see a lot of you awesome people loyal to the story :D

I have readied a PROLOGUE for the next season and might consider posting it up maybe next Monday on JUNE 2 or TUESDAY JUNE 3.

I really couldn't have done it without you guys! You really made this book alive and inspired me to write moreXD

Special Shoutout to my sister MushroomChan, JessicaBFry, RushMelian, dhzonnie, and all the other awesome peeps who continued to shower me with Moral SupportXD (please don't be sad if I did not mention you, you guys know who you are ;D)

Alas, this is the second book I have finished in WATTPAD, thank you very much for your support, I truly, deeply, greatly appreciate that you have finished the first part of the Journey with me :D

Stay tuned for more news :D