Chapter 30

Dear Brother,

That little page I took out from nanna and pop’s book seemed to do the trick. Both Aubrey and I played a little round of twenty questions, well ten. Actually to be honest I was the only one who made it to the tenth question. But it was such an insight to me, and no doubt her as well. I had no idea she was a bit of a wild child as a kid, and she finally told me about the scar on her back. Though she has left me with even more questions I want answers to. I guess there is always next time.

But of course we did get a little interrupted. I’m sure you’ve seen the papers, about the shark attack. I honesty would be very surprised if they didn’t mention Aubrey. She stupidly put herself in harm’s way saving little Toby Mintel. That little rascal has taken up all her attention away from me. Even going so far to sleep with her and eat all her cooking. Aubrey and I did have a little spat, but I honestly can’t stay mad at her for very long. If she ever learns that, she is going to get anything she wants out of me.

Anyway I had to leave work early today and quickly hop over to Italy and salvage what I could. Who knew porters had gotten so expensive in recent years. Anyway I’m glad I was one of the first mers to arrive and get all the good stuff, as it is like a feeding frenzy now. It’s not every day you get an entire cruise ship to go shopping in. I picked up a ton of things that I thought would be useful and other things I found intriguing. I’ll have to ask Aubrey to explain a few things to me. But my biggest treasure is the thing I’ve been wishing for, in like forever. Its fully intact and with only minor damage.

I do feel a little guilty leaving Aubrey alone at home, even if I sent a messenger trawl to explain the situation. Anyway this may seem like a very short letter but I’m at Remi’s. It’s been like over a month since I’ve been here. I think the last time I came here was the week before Aubrey found me. I must have been completely smashed back then. But by the lunar tides the booze is good. I haven’t had the pinna colada with the extra ‘punch’ in ages. Why haven’t I brought Aubrey here yet?

Anyway I better say farewell before I end up writing something stupid and sending it to mother by accident.

From your brother

~Sebastian.

-----

sorry its short but I honestly don't want to revel to much, and plus Sebastian plans to get some booze in him.

also I know that by having that cruise shipwreck kinda dates this story back a year or so  but there is something on that boat that I thought was appropriate. Honestly how else do you think mers get all the cool topside gear?

Also this Remi guy was going to be in a chapter that I thought of back at chapter 2, where you learn more about the halfling/mer race and I've been waiting to introduce him, but the chapter just doesn't fit plot.

I feel like a director cutting scenes form a movie. anyway, he'll pop up at the very end again,(which is not to far away) just a heads up.