Chapter 5

Ok so i think when i do it from Sebastian's POV i'll do it in the form of letters to his brother and/or journal entries.

_________________________

Dear brother, I have found my Singer. Although she is a Halfling and a bit of a handful, i am enjoying every last minute of her company

My days begin with her kicking me out of bed at some ungodly hour, where she then complains about wanting to go home, or some other thing from Topside. She'll usually give up at the mention of breakfast, which puts as smile on my face, as this is the only thing that is more important than her homesick problems in the morning.

It always amazes me that she remains so tiny and thin. Ava assures me that Aubrey's appetite is only part of the transformation stage, and will even out in a month or so. I have my doubts though.

After breakfast the seven sisters will sometimes pop by. They find Aubrey fascinating and always ask her about the world Topside. Aubrey is always shy and reserved when she speaks to them. I don't know how she can put up with their consent talking and interrupting. I always try to listen in and learn about her world, and try to understand her better. Yet despite all their questions they don't give Aubrey much of a chance to answer them. The seven in turn teach her about our world. This I must admit makes my task a little easier.

When the seven do finally decide to leave, I'll take her out for a swimming lesson. In all the things Aubrey does she has very little patience with learning to swim properly. I think she feels that it should be the one thing that should come naturally, but she has always struggled, especially when it comes to turning. But despite what she claims, she has made great progress.

When she refuses to try again we generally head home. This is the time I treasure most of our day, just an hour of peace where she will ask me whatever it is she wants to know and vice versa.

Although Aubrey has denied being my wife, mostly because we haven't wed yet, I have noticed that she has never openly objected the thought of marrying me. She no longer denies being my fiancé, but she never, brings it up. Now thinking about it, she has never once really complained about being here or becoming a mer. You can tell she is not entirely happy with the situation. It makes me feel almost guilty for forcing this life on her.

But all things considered she has been handling the change rather well.

Towards the end of our day, I attempt on making dinner, where she'll push me aside and take over, saying that I'm chopping to slow or that I'm not stirring fast enough. She has also decided to cook two dishes each night, one I teach her and the other she'll make by herself from Topside. She is always surprised when I present her some familiar imported ingredient from her world. As for her topside cooking, it is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but she encourages me to be honest if her dish is horrible. Even when I apologise she brushes it off and scribbles some notes in her cook book.

Honestly she's going to be the perfect wife, my perfect wife. I wonder how she'll fare when I return back to work. It will at least give me an opportunity at work on my creative skills without her knowledge. I only hope she won't laugh and refuse my craftsmanship.

I must sound like a clownfish to you, but Aubrey completes me, and unlike Nicole, she's trying to adapt, even with the media hanging around trying to discover what's up. Let's hope Earl comes through with our deal.

I apologise that I haven't made mention of your questions from your previous letter but I found this with the utmost importance to inform about Aubrey, before others do.

Your dear brother

Sebastian

__________________________________

Sorry this one's a bit short but tell me what you think. :D thanks for reading i never thought this story would become one of my most popular stories.