Chapter 1

The cover image is of 'Hannah the Mermaid' and inspration real life mermaid. i only edited the image slightly. her site -> http://hannahmermaid.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s get one thing straight. I’m not your fiancé. I have no idea what you and your little giggling fishy friends did to me, but it’s not funny. You aren’t even supposed to exists!”

He gave me a sorrowful look. The only thing I knew about him was that his name was Sebastian and he had just screwed my life up. How you may ask? Ha! That’s a story in its self, let alone the one that is to come. So I’ll make this part as quick and as painless as I can.

You see I’m…was, a real ‘plain Jane’. Last week I was taking a stroll along the beach. Nothing unusual right? Anyway so I was walking around the cove climbing over some rocks away from the summer crowds. Anyway to my surprise there was another cove. Completely empty, a little rougher but equally as nice and more importantly, quiet. So yeah, clambering down from the rocks and jumping down to the sand I continued strolling. In the corner of my eye I noticed something pocking out of the sand. And no, it was not a message in a bottle, actually it was a guy. Yeah that’s creepy I know. He was buried up to almost his shoulders and was lying face down not moving.

So naturally, you run over to see if the guy is ok. I shook the guy a little until he groaned. “Are you ok?” I asked.  He groaned some more and tried to move.

“No, sorry would you be able to dig me out?” he asked in a posh but not annoying manner. I honestly should have left but noooo… I went and started scratching away at the sand.

“How did you end up buried?” I asked the guy still unable to see his face.

“I don’t remember. I’m Sebastian by the way,” he mumbled. Judging by his back he was quite muscular and young, early twenties perhaps. I dug down a little further. I had noticed that his skin was red. I grabbed my towel and dipped it in the ocean and laid it on his back to. “Thank you that feels better,” his shoulders relaxed as I kept digging. Honestly how far down was he buried? When I got his torso unburied he twisted round to look at me. He had stunning blue eyes and his dark black hair fell in wet strands. I just paused, entranced by him.

And then he suddenly reached for my face and pulled me down and planted a kiss on me. Can you believe it, what a jerk! Of course being the plain Jane that i am, I’ve never had a boyfriend in my whole sixteen years of existence. No one ever gave me a second glance. Just another girl with brown eyes, brown hair, median height, not exactly pretty but not ugly either. Not exceptionally smart but not dumb or stupid.

So I was more or less paralysed with this guy hanging off my lips, unsure what to do. I was about to reach the point, just to leave him there when I felt him pushing me to the sand. I instantly push him back and ran. He could dig himself out. I clambered over the rocks cutting my legs and stumbling back to the crowded beach.

The Life guard stopped me as the gash on my leg was bleeding like anything. He bandaged it up for me and let me be. I took the bus home to find my parents were still out. My older brother Paul was busy playing some random FPS game. He was a slacker, I must admit he was hot, but a slacker none the less. I went to the back yard to hang up my swimmers and instantly realized I had left my towel with the creep.  It was my favourite one too. I sighed figuring I would have to go back to get it, if it was still there. That night my parents didn’t return, they were always busy.

The next day I told Paul I was going back to the beach and I set off on the bus once more. The beach was equally as crowed as and the day before. I stared heading to the end of the beach where the rocky cliff stood. The one thing I hadn’t expected was for almost the whole secluded cove to be covered by water due to the tides. Annoyed I turned giving up when I saw my towel drifting in the water.