Chapter 21

For Ashean who has been a supportive commenter/faver and helping add to the Beverage category. (hi 3yr smartie)

----

I woke up in the middle of the night and bolted downstairs and got out my notes for Cluedo. The ‘weapons’ category would now become the ‘beverage’ category. I listed the six possibilities and started making the cards for; milk, tea, coffee, thick shake, ice cream and juice.  There I had finally made a complete set. I quickly drew up some scoring cards so you could easily mark off the innocent contenders. I gently set them against the table into a neat pile yawning before resting my head alongside them.

***

I felt someone kiss me on the cheek stirring me to wake. I slowly lifted my lashes to find Sebastian sitting next to me going over the cards. I pulled myself up, my jaw aching from having had all the pressure from the couple of hours of sleep. Sebastian set the cards down and wrapped an arm around me letting me nuzzle into his side. So sleepy. He massaged the back of my neck a little and kissed my head.

“Yes?” I asked getting the feeling he wanted to say something. Probably something from that letter he wrote last night. He honestly needed to hide those letters better. But they were a good insight for me.

“What’s for breakfast?” he asked. I sighed and tried to get up to go and make something. Sebastian chuckled but stopped me. “Don’t worry, I’ll make it. You are going to need your energy for hanging out with the seven. Pancakes?” he asked taking out my cookbook and flicking through my scribbled in recipes.

To be honest Sebastian’s pancakes weren’t that bad, but I still hated the fact that they always turned out rubbery.

Swimming up to the palace I got another eight seconds of viewing time before Sebastian pulled me along. Swimming down the grand hallways, the creepy guards eyes followed me with suspicious looks, eyeing my bag filled with ‘Eels and Portals’ and ‘The Curious Cookie Case’. Yeah I changed the name.

I jumped when the giggling and squealing of the seven blistered my eardrums.  Once again I was pulled from Sebastian’s arms, but this time I was swept away into some fancy room painted in a bright teal with a zebra print rug. There were couches lining two sides of the room, along with shelves full of various books and a disco ball dangling from the ceiling. Further along the room there was an air pocket with various bright coloured pool toys floating on the surface. I swear the smiley palm tree was challenging me to a staring contest.

“Ooh new games? Daddy said you would probably bring us something new to play,” Sonya smiled pulling at my bag. I slowly went over to one of the tables and set out ‘Eels and portals and explained the rules.

“I think you guys will like the new game I made this morning, Sebastian and I haven’t had time to play it yet. But you guys are the main characters and it involves my biscuits” I smiled taking the deck of cards out.

“Ooh that sounds most intriguing,” Irene commended, sitting down next to her sisters.

“It’s generally a four player game so you will have to take turns but the scenario is that someone has eaten my biscuits and we have to find out which one of you did it.” They all giggled and passed the cards around, studying each card and giggling when they got to their card. I continued on how to set the game up and how to go about asking questions and making accusations, and how you had to keep playing even if you guessed wrong.

So the youngest three, Dominique, Viola and Sonya played ‘Eels and Portals’ while, Irene, Harper and Marjorie played ‘The Curious Cookie Case’.

“Are you excited for next week?” Lena asked. I shrugged my shoulders. “All the lights, and the paparazzi and the singing and dancing and the mermen and the jewels, clothes and the food and the mermen,” she sighed followed by a giggle. “Anyway Sebastian has been tacky and left all your arrangements till the last minute,” she clapped her hand twice and some guy, who one could describe as a pressed dollar note came through the door.